8400 GS
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi All,

I have a budget of under $1000 AUD and looking to build a reliable Hackintosh.

Here are the specs:

CPU - Intel - Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor - $254
Mobo - Gigabyte - GA-H270M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard - $138
RAM - Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory - $249
Storage - Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive - $58
Power Supply - Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - $95
Case - DIYPC DIY-F2-O Black/Orange - $45

I am thinking of using Integrated Graphics as I don't plan any gaming of GPU intensive tasks. Also, I am considering adding a Corsair H60 water cooler if the CPU is running too hot. Please let me know if there are any parts that I should change.

Kind Regards,
Matt

Last edited:
Hi All,

I have a budget of under $1000 AUD and looking to build a reliable Hackintosh.

Here are the specs:

CPU - Intel - Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor - $254
Mobo - Gigabyte - GA-H270M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard - $138
RAM - Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory - $249
Storage - Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive - $58
Power Supply - Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - $95
Case - DIYPC DIY-F2-O Black/Orange - $45

I am thinking of using Integrated Graphics as I don't plan any gaming of GPU intensive tasks. Also, I am considering adding a Corsair H60 water cooler if the CPU is running too hot. Please let me know if there are any parts that I should change.

Kind Regards,
Matt

This system should work with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra. Integrated CPU graphics should also work.

I would suggest going with an SSD for your OS and using an HDD for your storage. SSDs nowadays are cheap and much faster than HDDs. On the liquid cooling I am unsure. Your stock cooler should be fine but you can get yourself an air cooler instead because your not overclocking. Get a CoolerMaster Evo 212 or look into a Noctua cooler.

Thanks for the recomendations! I will look into the SSD for the boot drive. How stable would the system be for day to day work? What are you expiriance with the hardware?

Thanks,
Matt

Hey matt,

I have this setup. Same CPU, but a Gigabyte Z270-UD5 because I needed thunderbolt. It works fine in Logic/Pro Tools. I have a RX 560 GPU tho, but before that I used the integrated graphics without much issues.

I get about the same amount of freezes compared to the 2013 imac I was using before, so it's pretty stable day in and day out.

Though I would really wait a little bit for the budget intel 3xx series chips so you could get the 8500 instead. I do run out of power with the 7500.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back