CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi every one! I’m new to this community. I’m planning to build a Hackintosh, so to replace a Mac Pro (mid 2012).

I basically need a machine to work on DaVinci Resolve, 4K video editing and compositing. I’d like to build a machine, that will allow me make upgrades in the coming future, to even work in 6-8K.

I have an Apple 27” LED Cinema and an Apple 27” Thunderbolt Display which I like to work with.

Any recommendations? Has anyone had experiences working with any of this setup?

Best to all!

Daniel

Hi every one! I’m new to this community. I’m planning to build a Hackintosh, so to replace a Mac Pro (mid 2012).

I basically need a machine to work on DaVinci Resolve, 4K video editing and compositing. I’d like to build a machine, that will allow me make upgrades in the coming future, to even work in 6-8K.

I have an Apple 27” LED Cinema and an Apple 27” Thunderbolt Display which I like to work with.

Best to all!

Daniel

Hi there and welcome.

Head on over to the Golden Builds forum where you will find plenty of PC configurations suitable for your purpose.

Once you have chosen your basic PC framework we can help you hone that.

:thumbup:

Thanks so much. I’ll do that.

Best to all!

Daniel

Thunderbolt Display? Then you will need Thunderbolt 3 either on the motherboard or in a Thunderbolt 3 add-in card, and then I have no idea if it will work in this case.

Make sure your chosen motherboard has Thunderbolt 3 onboard or has a Thunderbolt header through each to connect a Thunderbolt 3 add-in card (must be purchased separately).

Due to Apple's impending transition to Apple Silicon, the days of Intel Macs are numbered (should be supported for several more years). The current generation (10th) Intel hardware is probably the last to officially support MacOS (Catalina / Big Sur).

Hi James,
Thanks so much for your reply. My display is a 2012 Thunderbolt 1 Display. Do you think with that setup I can work with it?
Best,
Daniel

Hi James,
Thanks so much for your reply. My display is a 2012 Thunderbolt 1 Display. Do you think with that setup I can work with it?
Best,
Daniel

Hi.

Remember this is a Buying Advice forum. You already have an Apple monitor. I guess you want to know of a discrete GPU that outputs Thunderbolt 1?

As it's 8-year old tech, and superseded, it's unlikely you'll find modern hardware that supports it directly as port shapes are different now. Maybe an adapter exists? They are lovely monitors so perhaps they are to be found.

Thanks James!
Best,
Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back