Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, planning to build a pc for hd video editing using CS5..but intends to Hackintosh for OS stability. Here are my spec list.

QTY DESCRIPTION
1 Intel Dual Core i5 760 2.8 Ghz 8MG LGA1156
1 Kingston 4GB(x2) PC3-10600 DDR3 1333
1 Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm SATA (x2)
1 Asus P7H55-M Intel H55/ DDR3/Gblan
1 Inno3d GTS250 1GB DDR# 256bit DVI/HDMI
1 Samsung DVDRW SH-223C 22X Sata
1 Orion Titus ATX Casing
1 Acbel R8 Power II 550W PSU
1 Genius Keyboard PS2
1 A4tech OP-720 USB Mouse
1 AVR Powerplus 500w

Will the mobo be compatible?

Will there be enough drivers to tap into the nvidia's cuda cores for Premiere Pro and possibly unlock it for Mercury playback engine?

Or should I just stick with windows to be sure.

I heard about lack of RAID support in OSX. What's that about?

Can I do a dual boot config where I install the hackintosh in one of the hard drives while win7 is on the other 1. What shud I install first?

Please help me before I bite jump.

I would go with a board that was better supported, namely the Gigabyte boards. You'll have a much easier time doing so.

You can install Win7 on one drive, and OS X on another drive for dual booting. The best way to do this is to put them on separate drives, and install them one at a time while the other drive is unplugged. When you are done, you will set the OS X drive to be the main boot drive, and then through Chameleon bootloader, you can choose which OS to boot into.

Vendetta said:
I would go with a board that was better supported, namely the Gigabyte boards. You'll have a much easier time doing so.

You can install Win7 on one drive, and OS X on another drive for dual booting. The best way to do this is to put them on separate drives, and install them one at a time while the other drive is unplugged. When you are done, you will set the OS X drive to be the main boot drive, and then through Chameleon bootloader, you can choose which OS to boot into.

Thanks for the advice. Does it matter which OS i install first?

quobetah said:
Vendetta said:

Thanks for the advice. Does it matter which OS i install first?

No, I don't believe so, but I typically do OS X first.

Ok I have just installed a fully working copy of osx, updated to 10.6.5, then ran multibeast before restart, but after restart i wont boot anymore. I was planning on dual booting so i went ahead and installed windows 7 64bit on the other hard drive, thingking easy bcd might cover up for the bootloader function. It kinda did, but when it came to booting the osx, it just hanged on the apple logo and restarted again. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back