Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
First post! YAY!:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Anyway, I want to build/get an OSx running build to run Logic Pro. I've already got a Macbook Pro 13" which is useful for college, but for professional-sounding recordings it lacks the power to record anything comfortably.
I've thought about building a Hackintosh. It saves money, you get get better hardware and you can run Logic and Final Cut pro etc. The main issue that's stopping me is that I've heard they're not that reliable. Obviously, it depends on the hardware that you buy; if everything matches in terms of numbers and stuff, then it should go smoothly?
The next issue is whether a Hackintosh will provide reliable and stable processing power for a few years at least. It sounds like a great short-term project and computer, but I haven't heard much in the way of long term use, which is a little worrying!
Third and finally, I have no idea what hardware to get so that it'll work smoothly and reliable but also powerfully! I want an i5/i7 (preferably i7 with at least 3.0gHz), 16gb DDR3 1600mHz RAM, a 256gb SSD for OS and Apps and a 1 or 2tb HDD for storage space. A 1 or 2gb graphics card would be nice too for Final Cut Pro. I don't, however, know what to get so it works well and reliably. My budget is around £800-£1000.
I should also point out that this would be my first computer that I'd build, so any potential problems and warnings would be extremely helpful too!
Any help would be appreciated!!!
Thanks a bunch in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back