RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi! I am looking to build a computer for doing heavy work with After Effects and Premiere, as well as doing 3D work in Cinema 4D. I will also be doing Music in Logic Pro.

I've built a couple of computers before, but this is my first Hackintosh! I don't know a lot about which components I should get, and I'm on a bit of a tight budget. At the most, I would spend 800$, but I want to aim for a cheaper build (around 600$) if that's possible.

I know that I want to have an Intel i5, and a dedicated graphics card (a good one at that). I'm not sure what to do for the rest.

I hope some of you experienced people out there can help me upgrade from my old Macbook Pro, which has been doing a lot of :beachball: lately.

PS: Would it be any more reliable to run an older version of OSX (10.6) as opposed to running ML? I figured that Apple would release none/fewer updates to the older OS. I'm planning to install ML.

Forum search for the software you plan to use and check any result that has a link to the User Builds/Golden Builds forums.
For parts, clcik the Buyers Guide Button in the bar at the top of your screen.

I can't seem to find any budget builds for my needs. Like I said, I am planning to only spend 600-800. I'm not building this machine for professional video work, and most people are, so they're buying expensive video cards and other things like that. I looked at the Customacs, and the ones around my price range don't have dedicated graphics. I would need that so I could do faster work in the Adobe suite using CUDA cores.

I have some questions for this build. I'm stuck between getting the i7 or the i5. Which has the better bang for the buck? Also, what would be a good graphics card for a budget Adobe computer?

I5 works just good but if you would like to spend some more money on 8mb cache and .1 frequency higher
Right now im off ram so go with more ram like 8gb. i use Photoshop and work with lots of layers this makes the load time longer.

Alright. I think i'm going with a Customac Budget mATX.

Some questions about parts- Would I be able to build this in a BitFenix Prodigy case? Or are they too small?

Also, are Sandisk SSDs reliable for boot drives?

Now here's where I really need advice- which graphics card should I get? I was thinking of the GeForce GT 640 with 2GB of RAM, because of the price. However, I don't know if this card has enough CUDA cores to run Premiere and After Effects well enough. I will also have dual monitors, will it run those well too?

(I will not build this machine until I get an i5 Haswell!)

Some questions about parts- Would I be able to build this in a BitFenix Prodigy case? Or are they too small?

Now here's where I really need advice- which graphics card should I get? I was thinking of the GeForce GT 640 with 2GB of RAM, because of the price. However, I don't know if this card has enough CUDA cores to run Premiere and After Effects well enough. I will also have dual monitors, will it run those well too?

Bit Fenix Prodigy case is for mITX, not mATX. Board in the Customac Budget mATX build will not fit in the case.

Bitfenix have a mATX Prodigy M coming out, see these links :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...itfenixs-new-prodigy-m-matx-case-spotted.html
http://modcrash.com/bitfenix-prodigy-matx/#.UbNbYhafdFQ

Sandisk SSDs are very good and VERY reliable - make sure you get the Extreme version, they are the ones recommended in the guides.

Adrian B

Alright, sounds good!

I'm still confused about what GPU to get for my purposes. Dual monitors, After Effects, Premiere... can I get good performance with CUDA cores without dropping 300$ on a GPU alone?

Alright, sounds good!

I'm still confused about what GPU to get for my purposes. Dual monitors, After Effects, Premiere... can I get good performance with CUDA cores without dropping 300$ on a GPU alone?

Go for more ram because i have 4gb its only good for internet and email. And slow loading of photoshop files with lots of layers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back