Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello there guys!

This is my first post, so please be forgiving :)

I'm thrilled to report that my first Hackintosh build is up and running thanks to this awsome site/forum.
I'm running an MSI H97I AC and an Intel Core i5 4460, and installation went as smooth as it could.

But....:rolleyes:
I do only have one problem, since the Intel Bluetooth/wifi on this mobo isn't supported by Mac OS, I have to use an external USB Bluetooth adaptor, to use my Magic Mouse and Apple keyboard.
That's where it gets tricky. Because Mac OS thinks, that it has built in Bluetooth.
I found a terminal code that can switch of the 'internal' bluetooth, and switch on the external:

sudo nvram bluetoothHostControllerSwitchBehavior=always
and to disable it:
sudo nvram -d bluetoothHostControllerSwitchBehavior

WHICH WORKED!

But then I got a little bit too curious, and wanted to know what would happen if I took out the adapter...
And now it won't turn back on:banghead:

I tried to disable the sudo command, restarted my Hackintosh, enabled the sudo command, but nothing works...

Is there maybe someone who can help me? Or maybe someone who had the same problem, and found a fix?

Or is there maybe a cheap alternative, like a usb or mini PCIe bluetooth module that works out of the box?

Many thanks and greetings from Holland,

Marijn

So after a few days of fiddeling about....

I realised, that It may help if I take out the Mini PCIe card, that came pre-installed on the H97I-AC.

WHICH WORKED!

So to all the people who have the same problem as I had, just take the stupid intel card out and youre good to go!

Cheers!:headbang:

hi,

thank you. i could not figure out what to do with the bluetooth issue, but you solved it.

excellent!!!

br, ---petteri

hi,

thank you. i could not figure out what to do with the bluetooth issue, but you solved it.

excellent!!!

br, ---petteri

I'm happy this thread was able to help you!

Any other problems you've encountered, that I can maybe help you with?

Greetings from Holland,

Marijn

this is so good. thank you.

i will have to wait for the weekend to pull the actual module out, but i was so frustrated because i could not figure out what to do. i ordered two differnet external usb bluetooth dongles and those should arrive by friday.

the hackintosh is connected with a cable as it is my htpc and hence do not need wifi, but i really need a bluetooth keyboard and trackpad to operate the computer from the couch,...

i had the machine installed with i7-5775c processor and 16 GT memory. it is amazingly fast and stable., but i will remember you offer to help... i might need it in the future. i will let you know what happens when i pull the module out as you instructed.

greetings from dubai, br, ---petteri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back