Contribute
Register

Hackintosh El Capitan - Resolution issue 2560x1440 and Nvidia GPU issue **HELP**

Motherboard
Z170x Gaming 7 Gigabyte
CPU
i7 6700 Intel
Graphics
GTX 980 Nvidia
Hi,

I asked for some help before and i got my issues fixed. How ever i have one more issue which has just come up and i dont know how to fix this one. After a good installation of El Capitan my screen resolution is stuck on 1024x768 and i did try change them in settings but i dont have the option to. In the about this pc section it says my GPU is Device 5 mb or something like that.
I did install the additional nvidia drivers but when i change the option to 'use we bases drivers' it does not save after restart!

PS: i did inject nvidia drivers from multibeast. I did not install anything else as i had internet and sound so i didnt want to install other drivers which were not used (did this and had to reinstall again cuz it added a different option and i no longer had internet)

Last thing which i just remembered for some reason i have to use the USB to boot into my SSD which has hackintosh installed, is there a reason for this? Do i have to use the USB and spam F12 to boot into it or can it be automatic?

If you could give me a hand you will be much thanked <3

Lorenzo

Additional information: All my hardware is either Gigabyte or Intel. ( I dont have anything with msi or anything of that sorts only gb and intel)
z170x Gaming 7 motherboard
Windforce GTX 980 nvidia
i7 6700 skylake CPU
Cooler Master GTS v8 CPU cooler
16 gb of DDR 4 ram
1 SSD
1 500GB HDDR
1 1T HDDR
and a really crap dvd driver.

Did you ever get this fixed? Same issue here... same MOBO and CPU, MSI GTX 960 with latest web driver

Motherboard
ASRock Z97 X4
CPU
i5-4690k
Graphics
GTX950
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. SE
It's a GTX980, therefore after you install the nVidia Webdriver turn off Inject NVIDIA driver.