Contribute
Register

Hackintosh - El Capitan 980 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a good build for a 3d (modeling/texturing) intended hackintosh, I'm planning to buy these components:

CPU Intel BX80662I76700K Box Core I7-6700K
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5-EU
GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Scheda Video, 6GB, PCIE
RAM Ballistix Sport LT Kit 64 GB (16 GBx4), DDR4, 2400 MT/s, (PC4-19200) DIMM 288-Pin
SSD Samsung MZ-75E500B/EU SSD 850 EVO, 500G B, 2.5" SATA III

Cooler Zalman CNPS 8000B Low Profile
Power supply Corsair RM650
Case Corsair CC-9011014-WW Case Corsair Mid-Tower Carbide 300R
Wifi Adapter TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Express Wireless N900 Dual Band

Can they work together? Is there anybody who have already tested a similar build?
Thank you all, have a nice day :)

Matteo

Last edited:
I think your choice of CPU cooler is lacking. I prefer the Noctua NH-U14S, but I'm sure that everyone else has their own preferences. I bought a Noctua mainly for the mounting system and non-interference with RAM sticks.

When it comes to wireless, go with the most powerful one currently available. N900 might not be good enough. idkfs. Me, I probably wouldn't go with anything other than the Apple Air Port Extreme (but definitely not the AirPort Express). Or an AC1900 model.

I think your choice of CPU cooler is lacking. I prefer the Noctua NH-U14S, but I'm sure that everyone else has their own preferences. I bought a Noctua mainly for the mounting system and non-interference with RAM sticks.

When it comes to wireless, go with the most powerful one currently available. N900 might not be good enough. idkfs. Me, I probably wouldn't go with anything other than the Apple Air Port Extreme (but definitely not the AirPort Express). Or an AC1900 model.
Hi! Thank you for your reply, I'll take a look at the cooler and at the wireless you suggest,
but I'm more scared about the compatibility between the GPU and El Capitan... They can work together, in your opinion?

Some guys are having problems getting the GTX980 to work, others have been luckier. You're probably going to have to find out for yourself. Some cards have problems, others work okay. For example, that's 6GB that your GTX980Ti has. You might not be able to use, or see, all the vRAM. idkfs. Or you might not be able to use all the ports, HDMI, DP, DVI-DL, etc. Hopefully you will also be running other OSes on separate drives - just in case.

Some guys are having problems getting the GTX980 to work, others have been luckier. You're probably going to have to find out for yourself. Some cards have problems, others work okay. For example, that's 6GB that your GTX980Ti has. You might not be able to use, or see, all the vRAM. idkfs. Or you might not be able to use all the ports, HDMI, DP, DVI-DL, etc. Hopefully you will also be running other OSes on separate drives - just in case.
ofc :D i need this build to work, so it's not a problem to install windows or linux if mac doesn't work, but i would really like to stay with this os... We'll see if I am lucky and everything works :D thanks, have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back