Hackintosh El Capitan (10.11.4) hangs on boot after duel booting with Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys. I recently decided to go ahead and duel boot OS X 10.11.4 and Windows 7. I have done 3 installations on El Capitan on my PC before, and all of them fell to the same fate that this installation did. Only difference was, is that the first three installations worked for at least a good week or so before having this issue. In this case, once I finally decided to duel boot on my SSD, right after Windows 7 finished installing and it was up and running swell, my El Capitan partition started to hang on the Apple boot screen.

I have no clue if stating my specs will help, but they are:
MB: MSI PC MATE Z97
CPU: i5 4690k
RAM: 8GBs X 1, DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: EVGA SSC GTX 960 2GB VRAM (Yes, I installed the NVidia drivers for my GPU)
SSD: Some OCZ SSD 240GBs (Or somewhere around there) that I can't remember.
PSU: A 500W Corsair PSU

This is where it gets stuck. It would fill the bar all the way up but it goes slow after a while.
zbL9qXu.jpg
mFl2qIB.jpg

Also, as a side note, before the computer would always hang on bootup, there would be about a 2/3 chance for the computer to return to the motherboard splash screen and then the Clover menu, allowing me to select OS X again. After this weird reboot thing would happen, it would immediately give me the screen that said my computer shut down due to an issue, and then continues to boot up again with the same chance of it restarting once more. This issue has been present on each installation of OS X that I have done, and I am hoping that it isn't a hardware issue.

If I need to supply more info for either one of these issues to be fixed then please tell me and I will do so.

Try it with your Serial port(s) disabled.
Nope, still doesn't work.
w1FhpJ7.jpg

The setting I changed /\. After I did it, when I booted in verbose mode, it got a little bit farther then it normally does, but only by two lines. This was probably not due to me changing the serial port to disabled, however, as it did get to that same place once before when I hadn't asked anybody about my situation yet. It only happened once.
u1EAeUi.jpg

Where it got stuck on this time /\.
Do you think it may have something to do with my Windows 7 installation? Because it normally gets stuck on the NTFS driver and the volume name thing, and in Clover it does say NTFS on the icon for my Windows partition.

OS X El Capitan (HFS)
nrLp6xW.jpg

Windows 7 (NTFS)
XLosL8Z.jpg

Sorry it's so much, but I also have one last question. Was disabling the serial port towards making El Capitan bootable again, or fixing the issue where there was a random chance for it to boot or for it not to boot?

Hi
I have practically the same two issues:

1. Booting from from USB stalls in the middle.
I created a thread:
One failure after another while trying to boot from USB

2. I could get no help.
Could you make it work?
I don't understand what's "Serial port(s) disabled". I Know SATA but this means nothing to me.
If only I could know what's going wrong.
Nick

Hi
I have the same two issues:
1. Booting from from USB stalls in the middle.
2. I could get no help.
Could you make it work?
I don't understand what's "Serial port(s) disabled". I Know SATA but this means nothing to me.
If only I could know what's going wrong.
Nick
Nope. Still haven't fixed it. There is probably a setting in your motherboard's bios/UEFI that lets you disable your Serial port(s). What brand motherboard do you have? (Mine is an MSI board, so if your's is also MSI go to the same place I went in the picture far above).

Nope. Still haven't fixed it. There is probably a setting in your motherboard's bios/UEFI that lets you disable your Serial port(s). What brand motherboard do you have? (Mine is an MSI board, so if your's is also MSI go to the same place I went in the picture far above).
I could eventually boot after I disabled the four SATA ports. Yet, as expected there was no trace of a hard disk in Disk Utility. So I shut down, entered the UEFI again, re-enabled the 4 SATA ports and tried booting… and it worked! A miracle!
For more information, look at my thread: One failure after another while trying to boot from USB.
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back