Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Q77
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX-480 8GB
Hey all, this is my first post, so bear with me!

I've been running my current setup for about 6 months and I'm super happy with it!
I followed this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orking-and-easily-affordable-customac.224812/

Specifications:
HP 8300 Elite
i7-3770 @ 3.4ghz
16GB DDR3 RAM
EVGA GTX 1050ti 4GB
Q77 Chipset
MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5
Latest version of Clover

The GTX 1050ti has 3 ports; DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI
I am using two LG LED monitors (24EN33 and 24EN43 if it matters).
One is connected using an HDMI cable, and the other using a DP to VGA adapter from the 1050ti to the monitor.

My issue is that the left monitor kind of flickers and has bands of flickering light horizontally through the display. However, if I unplug the HDMI from the right (working) monitor, the left monitor works great! It seems that it only flickers when both monitors are running.

Any ideas? I know the 1050ti has enough juice to power both, so what's the deal? I've tried swapping cables around, and no dice.

Hey all, this is my first post, so bear with me!

I've been running my current setup for about 6 months and I'm super happy with it!
I followed this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orking-and-easily-affordable-customac.224812/

Specifications:
HP 8300 Elite
i7-3770 @ 3.4ghz
16GB DDR3 RAM
EVGA GTX 1050ti 4GB
Q77 Chipset
MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5
Latest version of Clover

The GTX 1050ti has 3 ports; DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI
I am using two LG LED monitors (24EN33 and 24EN43 if it matters).
One is connected using an HDMI cable, and the other using a DP to VGA adapter from the 1050ti to the monitor.

My issue is that the left monitor kind of flickers and has bands of flickering light horizontally through the display. However, if I unplug the HDMI from the right (working) monitor, the left monitor works great! It seems that it only flickers when both monitors are running.

Any ideas? I know the 1050ti has enough juice to power both, so what's the deal? I've tried swapping cables around, and no dice.
The problem is the vga, your monitor doesn’t have a dvi?

it does! I'm not sure if my GTX 1050ti has a VGA output, but if it does, I'll try and scrounge up a VGA cable and test it! If not, I might just have to pony up for a DP to VGA adapter

it does! I'm not sure if my GTX 1050ti has a VGA output, but if it does, I'll try and scrounge up a VGA cable and test it! If not, I might just have to pony up for a DP to VGA adapter
I did a two monitor setup with your card, 1 monitor 2560x1440 over dvi + 1 monitor 4k via dp, vga is not supported on mac os

I did a two monitor setup with your card, 1 monitor 2560x1440 over dvi + 1 monitor 4k via dp, vga is not supported on mac os

Oh that's right, I forgot that VGA support was dropped.
Well shoot.

I don't think my card has a DVI output. I'm currently using a DP to VGA cable, so the computer and card thinks it's going to a DisplayPort input on the monitor. Would it make a difference if I used a DP to DVI cable?

Oh that's right, I forgot that VGA support was dropped.
Well shoot.

I don't think my card has a DVI output. I'm currently using a DP to VGA cable, so the computer and card thinks it's going to a DisplayPort input on the monitor. Would it make a difference if I used a DP to DVI cable?
Should be fine cause dp and dvi have both digital signal, if the monitor have hdmi dp to hdmi works fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back