CPU
Intel i5 4460
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 950 Windforce
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, i have installed macOS Sierra and it works fine but if i shutdown the computer it will reboot.
I have clover bootloader installed form multibeast and all kext are already installed.
Any ideas?

With my new installation I have the same problem. Shutdown just reboots every time.
Manual sleep, via the apple menu makes my rig go to sleep but it wakes up immediately,
behavior same as shutdown.

Normal sleep works as well however it is impossible to wake the computer, only a reboot
with the power button allows me back in to the machine.

The cause, in my case is the USBinject all kext, after removing that the machine works as
intended with one exception, upon waking from sleep I loose audio and have to reboot to
get it back. Even running "sudo killall coreaudiod" which restarts the audio subsystem,
does not fix it so a reboot is all that will get audio back.

I am still working on a solution and would appreciate some advice and help.

For my new rig in the making I use the following components:

Mobo: GA-Z170-Gaming K3, Mem:4 x 8 gig Patriot DDR4-2600 Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i (2)
PSU: Cougar modular 750 Watt, GPU: Nvidia GTX 970, Cpu: Skylake i7-6700K

If you research this the "fixes" do not work for everyone and can involve complex, sometimes fatal changes to the configp file and Clover entries. I do think removing the USBinject all kext is wise.
Start researching DSDT fixes.
If you go down this path, which will be a learning experience, be sure you have a restorable clone of you OSX drive.
I also have one hack with this, a Sandy Bridge 2600k/Gigabyte Sierra machine. As it otherwise seems to work as it should, emerging from sleep with functioning Audio and network (which is what I care about to avoid rebooting multiple times a day) my solution is to stand there for the 20-30 seconds it takes for the computer to power down and press the power button.

With my new installation I have the same problem. Shutdown just reboots every time.
Manual sleep, via the apple menu makes my rig go to sleep but it wakes up immediately,
behavior same as shutdown.

Normal sleep works as well however it is impossible to wake the computer, only a reboot
with the power button allows me back in to the machine.

The cause, in my case is the USBinject all kext, after removing that the machine works as
intended with one exception, upon waking from sleep I loose audio and have to reboot to
get it back. Even running "sudo killall coreaudiod" which restarts the audio subsystem,
does not fix it so a reboot is all that will get audio back.

I am still working on a solution and would appreciate some advice and help.

For my new rig in the making I use the following components:

Mobo: GA-Z170-Gaming K3, Mem:4 x 8 gig Patriot DDR4-2600 Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i (2)
PSU: Cougar modular 750 Watt, GPU: Nvidia GTX 970, Cpu: Skylake i7-6700K

What worked for me was changing the BIOS setting "ErP" to enabled. That way, whatever is forcing the restart cannot source enough power to make it happen, so the system stays shut down.

Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back