1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Here are my specs-
intel i5 3570k
gigabyte ga-z77-ds3h
1 tb hard drive
GTX 650 Ti Boost 2Gb SC

The sleep worked fine when i was running the intel hd 4000 graphics but when I installed my graphics card it no longer works. Everything else works great its just after I put it to sleep I have to reset the power supply to get the computer working again. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Here are my specs-
intel i5 3570k
gigabyte ga-z77-ds3h
1 tb hard drive
GTX 650 Ti Boost 2Gb SC

The sleep worked fine when i was running the intel hd 4000 graphics but when I installed my graphics card it no longer works. Everything else works great its just after I put it to sleep I have to reset the power supply to get the computer working again. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Try messing with you darkwake settings and your pcirootUID settings in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist by testing different values.

Here are my specs-
intel i5 3570k
gigabyte ga-z77-ds3h
1 tb hard drive
GTX 650 Ti Boost 2Gb SC

I have the exact same issue except that my CPU is an i5 3550, hence the HD3000 didn't really work that well. Everything works fine with the Gigabyte GTX650Ti Boost except the sleep mode, and not even resetting the computer would help--I had to switch off the PSU to get it going again (as you described). I'm wondering if you ever found solution to this problem? Many thanks.

I have the exact same issue except that my CPU is an i5 3550, hence the HD3000 didn't really work that well. Everything works fine with the Gigabyte GTX650Ti Boost except the sleep mode, and not even resetting the computer would help--I had to switch off the PSU to get it going again (as you described). I'm wondering if you ever found solution to this problem? Many thanks.

mine was resolved by setting the darkwake=10 within chimera's boot plist. (you can find a thread on this http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ake-0-flag-can-break-auto-sleep-10-8-1-a.html)

my board is pretty compatible so there's really very little that I have to do after installing with unibeast. The sound and network driver are the only things needed to get it fully functional. Now I'm not sure if darkwake=10 is even needed as it seemed to work fine after I upgraded to Mavericks. Right now my boot.plist only has theme and timeout values, with nothing else. Everything works fine. So I guess with multibeast sometimes less can be more.

here is something to try - I have found that certainly on the Z77X-UD5H Rev1.0 if you are using Mavericks the old advice for Gigabyte boards about setting XHCI Mode to Auto does not appear to be correct anymore.

I say does not appear because I have only tested on my own board so do not know for sure. On my board Smart Auto is what gives me full functionality and no issues with USB 3.0 - this I believe is down to Apple having changed the way that USB 3.0 is implemented in the OS.

Try changing XHCI Mode to Smart Auto and test to see if it makes any difference.

here is something to try - I have found that certainly on the Z77X-UD5H Rev1.0 if you are using Mavericks the old advice for Gigabyte boards about setting XHCI Mode to Auto does not appear to be correct anymore.

I say does not appear because I have only tested on my own board so do not know for sure. On my board Smart Auto is what gives me full functionality and no issues with USB 3.0 - this I believe is down to Apple having changed the way that USB 3.0 is implemented in the OS.

Try changing XHCI Mode to Smart Auto and test to see if it makes any difference.

Same issue here, anyone able to get it resolved?
Running GA-Z77-DS3H
I7-3770
EVGA GTX 650 TI BOOST 1GB
Mavericks 10.9

everything works great, except trying to get out of manual/auto sleep.
tried the darkwake=0/10/8 trick, no help
tried the XHCI to smart auto, no help
tried disabling the IGPU, no help

need a hard power off to cycle power to get the mackintosh back up and running.

any suggestions? thanks!

What system definition are you using ?

What system definition are you using ?

Under "About this Mac" it says
Mac Pro
Early 2008
Processor 3.39 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 TI BOOST 10
Software OS X 10.9

is that what you mean?

oh, i'm coming from a HD6570 where that was working great with 10.9... did the upgrade for better graphics in-game.

You could try changing it (with Multibeast) to iMac12,2 and see how you get on.
It's easy enough to revert if you don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back