Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Hackintosh does not use the OC from BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got it up to 4.8 GHz about a week ago on F7 while having EIST Enabled. I'm now using a modified F11 #5 for my mobo. That may have squashed the OC. In my config, I have the "Plugin Type" box checked.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 4.33.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 4.33.03 PM.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 462
I got it up to 4.8 GHz about a week ago on F7 while having EIST Enabled. I'm now using a modified F11 #5 for my mobo. That may have squashed the OC. In my config, I have the "Plugin Type" box checked.

The secret is to master HWP and your wish will come true.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 2.56.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 2.56.09 AM.png
    944.7 KB · Views: 420
I have a Gigabyte board, so this might not apply to you, but when I ran into this in the past, I had to change some BIOS settings for OSX to recognize my overclock settings. The one I had to change was called "EIST Disable."
Just wanted to post, that I was having this problem when I installed Catalina and my OC which was working in Mojave. The old fix of just clicking Plugin type in Clover and Plugin=1 no longer worked.
Disabling EIST in BIOS totally solves that problem in Catalina! Thank you! My OC now works again.
Just FYI, i don't have Plugin type Plugin=1 clicked in Clover for this under Catalina.
Hopefully, this info helps someone else too in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back