Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Does Not Shutdown Completely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z77X UD5H (F14)
CPU
CORE I7 3770K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After doing another fresh install on my SSD to find possible settings, I have found that the machine can not shutdown properly. The monitor goes black and the system appears to be off but the fans keep spinning. The same thing occurs in Windows 7 when booting through Chimera but not through the boot menu.

I had this problem before, but somehow managed to fix it unknowingly.

I think the problem is either the Sleepimage that is created (which I'm about to disable) or that restart automatically after power failure might be unchecked.

The problem, however, is that that option is no longer in Energy Saver. It has disappeared after Multibeast. I believe TRIM enabler gets rid of the option for some reason.

As for my multibeast install, I selected:

DSDT free install
Network (Intel and Atheros, I use Atheros)
Audio 898
TRIM enabler
and as part of my testing iMac 12.2 which provides much faster boot times (7 seconds)

Any help is appreciated. I will continue to test and update the thread if needed.

Here are my specs:

GA Z77X UD5H (F14 and WAKE ON LAN is disabled)

3770k @3.5

EVGA GTX 670

16 GB RAM (Sleep Image is 18GB)

It might also be worth noting that the actual OSX shutdowns are quite long ~ 10/15 seconds

hey im having same problem, gigabyte z77-ds3h i tried few multibeast option, also changed to imac 12.2 and still nothing it just wont shut down, everything else is working fine

SOLVED: Hackintosh Does Not Shutdown Completely?

So I deleted the sleepimage and disabled hibernation. That did not fix it.

I then decided to unplug my external usb drive before shutting down.

That worked fine.

In the end, I switched the port to one of the other top USB3 connectors and that fixed it.

The system can now shut down. It still takes awhile for the OS to actually shut down, which I find incredibly odd since I'm on a SSD and see other people's hacks shut down incredibly fast.

But I am happy. Shut down times don't really matter to me. But I will continue to troubleshoot it.

Ok, I take that back the system is no longer shutting down. Will troubleshoot more later.

Anyone find a fix for this yet?

Anyone find a fix for this yet?

I have a H77n Wifi with sandisk SSD and wireless logitech mouse and keyboard (next to a 'magic' trackpad), the keyboard from the receiver is connected to a usb 2 port and the hackintosh does not shut down properly. When connecting the usb connector from the keyboard in a usb 3 port the computer will shut down properly, strangely enough. Connecting a usb midi keyboard and usb soundcard to the usb 2.0 ports has no effect on powering down. Very odd.

Hi silkysmooth,
I realize it has been some time since your last post, but I am having the exactly same problem (also have the same configuration you have). I was wondering, if you found a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back