Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Dead after Reboot = How to access Mac Repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z270G
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
VEGA 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
*** NOTE TO EDITOR: Sorry I posted in the wrong category, (don't know how to change it now.)
Hey guys.
I recently got a Vega64 and haven't had time to tweak it, and when leaving the hackintosh ruing over night it would go to black screen and not wake up, forcing a hard reboot....

After one of those forced shut downs I boot a STOP SIGN:
ZGICa.png

Usually on a mac, I would hold down Shift for safe boot, or Command, Option, R for recovery
But How do I go about it on a hackintosh?

Anyone had the same problem, and what direction should I take about getting things back.

Thanks in advance!!

What version of macOS are you running?

Are you still running 10.12.6 or have you upgraded to Sierra or High Sierra. Please reply so a moderator or administrator can move your thread to the correct place where someone with technical knowledge might be able to assist.

Last edited:
thealika,

If you have a spare machine, you could try creating a bootable High Sierra installer USB stick running Clover, and then boot from that (using the USB's EFI bootup files) but selecting your main drive instead at Clover. That may help you get back into your system without too much problem (albeit with not many drivers) - you may have to use your board's Intel HDMI port instead to get back to working order. Alternatively you could also try running the Unibeast installer stick and run the Disk Utility off of that on your main drive and see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back