Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Hackintosh Crashing (Photoshop/Final Cut/4K)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump.

Any of you guys have any other ideas on how to get rid of the pink screen in Mojave without forcing RGB mode?

I've tried most things like injectintel, radeondenit, and trying different system definitions.

Bump.

Any of you guys have any other ideas on how to get rid of the pink screen in Mojave without forcing RGB mode?

I've tried most things like injectintel, radeondenit, and trying different system definitions.
  1. Is the pink screen happening when using the UHD 630 (not the RX 580)?
  2. Is this with HDMI or DVI port?
If answer to #1 is yes, please determine which port contains HDMI and which contains DVI. This is easily done by running Hackintool:
  • Then select Framebuffer --> MacOS 10.14 from the top menu bar.
  • Then select Patch --> Apply Current Patches from the top menu bar.
  • Now click Connectors tab in the Hackintool window.
  • Seeing which row lights up in red when HDMI is plugged in, and which row lights up when DVI is plugged in.
If you can post those screenshots (one with HDMI connected, one with DVI connected), we can see if you might have a configuration problem.

1. Is the pink screen happening when using the UHD 630 (not the RX 580)?
  2. Is this with HDMI or DVI port?
If answer to #1 is yes, please determine which port contains HDMI and which contains DVI. This is easily done by running Hackintool:
  • Then select Framebuffer --> MacOS 10.14 from the top menu bar.
  • Then select Patch --> Apply Current Patches from the top menu bar.
  • Now click Connectors tab in the Hackintool window.
  • Seeing which row lights up in red when HDMI is plugged in, and which row lights up when DVI is plugged in.
If you can post those screenshots (one with HDMI connected, one with DVI connected), we can see if you might have a configuration problem.
1. No, because the UHD 630 is HDMI.
2. I'm using the RX 580's DVI port which is the only port that will work without a crash. I just need to find a fix for the pink screen.

Forgot to mention that even my clean install of High Sierra boots pink when plugged into the DVI port.

Forgot to mention that even my clean install of High Sierra boots pink when plugged into the DVI port.
Have you tried removing and re-inserting the video card? Remember to flip the plastic retainer at the back of the PCIe slot before pulling it out.

And have you tried removing the RX580 entirely and using the on-board HDMI or DVI ports (Intel UHD 630)? If you get a black screen with HDMI, a framebuffer patch can help fix that.

Have you tried removing and re-inserting the video card? Remember to flip the plastic retainer at the back of the PCIe slot before pulling it out.

And have you tried removing the RX580 entirely and using the on-board HDMI or DVI ports (Intel UHD 630)? If you get a black screen with HDMI, a framebuffer patch can help fix that.
No I haven't, I will try this though. I only have an HDMI port on the back of the IO. Will report back when I check these things.

Alright guys, I think I'm finally ready to call this one solved. I went ahead and pulled the card out (safely) and totally forgot I have an extra PCI-E slot and decided... "hey, this is worth a shot" - plugged the card into that slot, plugged the HDMI in, booted up, opened the same files that were crashing and everything works! Photoshop is not crashing my system now and re-sizes fine + Final Cut Pro X is working as well. I have no idea how or why... maybe the first PCI-E slot went bad? I'm not totally sure. Anyway, I'm just super relieved it's stable and working now.

Thanks again to everyone in this thread for helping and suggesting different things to try!

I wonder if your original PCIe slot is okay, but the card was not seated properly. In any event, really glad to see this is finally resolved!!

I wonder if your original PCIe slot is okay, but the card was not seated properly. In any event, really glad to see this is finally resolved!!
I swear the card was seated properly in the first slot... even my old card. I really have no idea but I didn't want to try the first slot again after the second slot worked lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back