Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming-5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 970 SC
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums but I've been a long-time lurker. I'm having a strange issue that I can't seem debug with my rig. It started yesterday, and essentially, it crashes within ten seconds of me logging in. If I don't log in, it will stay on indefinitely, and I can SSH into it without any issues. Because of this, I have been able to go over the logs in the system, but I still can't find out what's up. I have had this particular rig running fine since Yosemite, and I have installed El Capitan and Sierra via the App Store. I run Clover only as the boatloader (no multi/uni beast). My suspicion is that it is related the Photos app because yesterday, I was using the Photos app when it crashed. However, I have used the Photos app before with no crashes, and I was doing a dozen other things (two VMs running, Excel, 50ish tabs in Safari, etc.) so it may also not be Photos app. Otherwise, I'm at a loss because I've pored over the log files and can't seem to pinpoint the reason for crashing (By crashing, I mean hard and sudden reboot).

If there is anyone that has had an issue like this before, please let me know; although I did search the forum first to make sure I didn't post a duplicate thread. I'd be happy to provided sanitized logs for anyone that thinks they can help.

Rig:

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
CPU: i7-4790K
GPU: MSI GTX 970
RAM: Kingston Savage 16GB (2x8GB)

Also, I have another partition with Windows 10 on it FWIW.

(TL;DR Hack crashes after login only; fine otherwise; may be Photos.app related)

-Noah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back