Graphics
Iris Pro
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello there! I'm new here and I own a mcbook pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) with Catalina with last upgrade. I work in the video editing field using FCPX so I need a powerful machine that works fluidly with 4k and has a fast render process and all . So I decided to build an Hackintosh system to get the best performances. I looked around on the internet before asking an opinion about what I should purchase. The budget is 2.000$ .

I saw a few suggestions online but I think they go over the price I could afford.
This is an example of configuration that maybeI could afford. Could it work for me?

Case NZXT H440 V2
Corsair ax 100
MB:ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
Corsair Force MP510 960 GB PCI Express 3.0 M.2
Crucial 1 TB - SSD - intern - M.2 - PCI Express 3.0 x4 (NVMe)
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT Gray memory 8 GB DDR4 3000 MHz (x4)
Intel - Intel Core i9 3.6 GHz - Intel Core i9 9900K / 3.6 GHz processore :
NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240P
Power: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W Power Supply

If you have (for sure xD) me other configurations I would be grateful.
Thank you

Last edited:
Hey!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that you have to change that GPU for a AMD one.

Thank you! Any suggestion of AMD GPU?

Hello there! I'm new here and I own a mcbook pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) with Catalina with last upgrade. I work in the video editing field using FCPX so I need a powerful machine that works fluidly with 4k and has a fast render process and all . So I decided to build an Hackintosh system to get the best performances. I looked around on the internet before asking an opinion about what I should purchase. The budget is 2.000$ .

I saw a few suggestions online but I think they go over the price I could afford.
This is an example of configuration that maybe I could afford. Could it work for me?

Case NZXT H440 V2
Corsair ax 100
MB:ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
Corsair Force MP510 960 GB PCI Express 3.0 M.2
Crucial 1 TB - SSD - intern - M.2 - PCI Express 3.0 x4 (NVMe)
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT Gray memory 8 GB DDR4 3000 MHz (x4)
Intel - Intel Core i9 3.6 GHz - Intel Core i9 9900K / 3.6 GHz processore :
NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240P
Power: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W Power Supply

If you have (for sure xD) me other configurations I would be grateful.
Thank you

The RTX 2080 Ti is not supported on any version of MacOS due to lack of Nvidia drivers.

You will need to replace it with a supported AMD graphics card such as a RX 5700 XT (if you plan to run Catalina).

The RTX 2080 Ti is not supported on any version of MacOS due to lack of Nvidia drivers.

You will need to replace it with a supported AMD graphics card such as a RX 5700 XT (if you plan to run Catalina).
Thank you for the advice. I saw also that XFX AMD Radeon VII is a better choice as GPU and lot expansive. Is it worth the effort of spending more to get more performances. An does it works good with Catalina?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back