Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Compatibility - Nvidia RTX 2070

Status
Not open for further replies.
2070 returned. I found an EVGA GTX 1070 ti SC Gaming Black @ BestBuy for $429. Saved me $100.

It's been a long time since I started the post.
Anyhow I was able to exchange the rtx to 1070Ti! I have installed mac OS High Sierra! But I'm facing few problems.

1. My motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z390E comes with wifi, I'm unable to use WiFi

2. the nvidia drivers are not installed(used nvidia web drivers), the screen flickers in the login screen and in about this mac i see graphics as "Unknown 256mb"

3. RAM that I'm using is 16GB 3200MHz, what I'm seeing is 16GB 2133MHz

any idea what might be the problem...!

If we can learn anything from looking back to the past, we should actually take into consideration that the original web drivers for macOS High Sierra didn't release until 10 months after the initial release date. If we put that time frame into this release, that means that we should be receiving the new web drivers sometime around July. Just be patient. Things will come into fruition.

@AuthDowns Thanks! any how with 1070Ti it's working fine in high sierra, using nvidia drivers. But last week I've upgraded to mojave where nvidia drivers aren't available and I'm finding it difficult to enable my iGPU(UHD 630), it shows 7MB, after installing whatevergreen kext and making some changes in config.plist file from EFI, the intel HDMI out goes black if i switch to nvidia HDMI out i see graphics 8MB.

@pradeep.ramalingam i would say try going into clover and enabling your iGPU through there. It's been quite a while since I've ran a Hackintosh as my main driver has been an upgraded mid 2012 MBP 13" Really going to be getting back into it more once these web drivers release since i upgraded my rig to a 2070 without checking the Hackintosh compatibility since i was using it as a windows gaming machine.

hey, does anyone knows if its now possible to make a hackintosh with an rtx 2060 in notebook? or still not possible yet?

No drivers for nVidia rtx at all

hey, does anyone knows if its now possible to make a hackintosh with an rtx 2060 in notebook? or still not possible yet?
NO MORE DRIVERS FOR NVIDIA CARDS! Even with 1070Ti which I replaced the RTX 2070, macOS mojave don't work!
Finally I added additional RX580 to my PC for MacOS.

Currently I have two GPU nvidia 1070Ti and RX580, nVidia I use for Windows for gaming! and RX580 for macOS! Mojave works out of the box with RX580! Haven't yet upgraded to Catalina! Will update on that later!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back