Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z-170 A
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
GTX 1060
Cheapest possible (other solutions welcome)

I haven't checked the entire build list recommendations for motherboards, but I haven't found any Thunderbolt Display compatible

Need it for my GTX 1060 6gb

Cheapest possible (other solutions welcome)

I haven't checked the entire build list recommendations for motherboards, but I haven't found any Thunderbolt Display compatible

Need it for my GTX 1060 6gb

As far as I know, there is only one Z370 motherboard that has Thunderbolt 3 onboard, an ASRock ITX.
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITXac/

If you want other motherboards, you need to make sure that the motherboard has a Thunderbolt header and you also need a Thunderbolt 3 add-in card such as the Asus ThunderboltEX 3 or the Gigabyte GC Alpine Ridge.

 Photos to inspire people to help, the monitor is just standing pretty much unused in my room right now even tho I asked my dad for it to use it with my PC 

Photo on 13-02-18 at 04.15.jpg

Photo on 13-02-18 at 04.25.jpg

The Lego package was just for 'lightening'/mirroring in the display xd Behind it there is a Asus H(something) monitor thats 1080p 75Hz which Im quite unhappy with, I really wanna use my setup as its intended to and I need a solution D':

Sorry if Im annoying... Its in the middle of the night as Im typing, Im tired

So this motherboard can't send my GPUs display output to my Apple Thunderbolt Display?

Any recommendations on solution appreciated

UNSOLVED

The boards with built in Thunderbolt will not work unless it has an onboard displayport input.

Any of the boards that support a Thunderbolt Add In Card (AIC) will allow you to use your Nvidia Card. You would connect the displayport output from the card to the displayport input on the AIC. Connect the Thunderbolt output to the Apple Thunderbolt display.

I have an Asrock Taichi Z370 with the Asrock Thunderbolt AIC. It works with my Apple Thunderbolt display. I would expect that similar boards from Gigabyte and Asus would also work.

TO EVERYONE: Follow up question: What cheap Hackintosh & Coffee lake compatible motherboards do everyone recommend???

UNSOLVED

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back