Dual Dual 3.0 Xeon
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all! I have three basic requirements for my Mountain Lion hackintosh, but am not sure I can build what will primarily be a PC gaming machine that meets them all:

• - Thunderbolt Support (reports on new Gigabyte boards are encouraging)
  • - GeForce GTX 680 graphics for the PC gaming side
  • - Apple Thunderbolt Display works on both PC and hackintosh side

Is there hope for such a beast to exist? Thanks!

Please wait until tony release the new guides.But the third one is impossible. I mean if you connect your monitor to the motherboard that one will use the HD4000 or HD2500 integrated graphics.You will need a DP-to-mini DP cable. If it is exist.

As far as I know, no one has yet accomplished a Hackintosh using the Apple Thunderbolt Monitor with a discrete GPU. A couple thoughts:

1) You may be able to get such a setup working under Windows using Virtu MVP software, as shown here.

Getting this to work perfectly seems tricky, and I imagine it would be a lot more difficult in a Hackintosh environment where you'd want to reboot into Mac and use the integrated graphics.

2) There may be more straightforward implementations coming with either the ASUS Thunderbolt EX upgrade card or the ASRock Z77 Extreme6/TB4 motherboard. Neither of these products are released yet, and again there is far from a guarantee that it will work with Hackintosh.

The possibility of such a machine working with Mac OS X has been severely hampered by Apple punting its Mac Pro Thunderbolt implementation into late next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back