Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I'm in the process of building my own hackintosh for the first time.
I based the majority of my needs/build from a pre-tested hackintosh build from Lifehackers.com

First listed build in the link:

http://lifehacker.com/5919132/build-the-mac-pro-that-you-wish-apple-released

Below is the parts list:

- Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7 TH Motherboard

- Intel Core i7 477oK 3.5 GHz Processor

- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

- 2 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 MHz DDR3

- 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD

It's all sitting in a Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition Case. Im running DVI to an AOC Monitor

Please Note:
I plan on buying a TP-Link PCI Express Wi-Fi Card soon. (Not sure if this is needed for this)

For the installation process, I have been following the forums and guides from Tonymacz86.com and referenced many other sources online.

I have the intention of running OS X Mavericks. I got a copy from the Apple Apps Store.

I then successfully created the Unibeast USB with OS X Mavericks on it.
I have also successfully used the Unibeast USB to erase, partition & install the OS X Mavericks on the SSD.

NOW HERE IS MY 1st PROBLEM.

After countless hours of troubleshooting a few issues here and there, I discovered I could only run OS X Mavericks when using my Motherboards IGFX (I'm using an HDMI cable from my motherboard to another monitor) But when I change it back to the PCIe Slot 1 for my Graphics Card in the BIOS, Restart, OS X will start to boot up but wont boot all the way, then goes black.

So I'm guessing it's something to do with it recognizing my Graphics Card.

I've look online for drivers and patches but nothing seems to fix the issue. When I install any driver and/or other patches, the OS X will freeze. After a restart, the OS X will freeze during the OS X boot up and black highlighted computer code will appear.

Is there anyone with the solution to this problem?
What driver should I be using?

I have now creating my User Profile in Mavericks.

NOW HERE IS MY 2nd PROBLEM.

As requested from the forums, I am now to use MultiBeast to finish the Post-Installation.

I am having trouble choosing the right options on MultiBeast. I have searched for the specific settings needed to properly run Mavericks but I've come across many different setups but none seem to be right. (Unless I'm doing something wrong)

Does anyone know the proper MultiBeast setting for this build?

That's where I'm at with my build.
Any information/opinions on how to solve these problems or anything will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Regarding the graphics; boot using IGFX, install the latest nvidia driver package, add nvda_drv=1 to org.chameleon.boot.plist then reboot and enable your GPU as primary graphics. Once it is working, add IGPEnabler=No to org.chameleon.boot.plist if you dont plan on using them both.

For Multibeast, the only essential option you need is FakeSMC. That, plus the Chimera installation should enable your system to boot, after which you can work on other stuff like network and audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back