Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have been trying to make myself a build, looking at the compatability parts list on this website, but i would feel a lot better if somebody would make a build for me.
I am building a mac for my older brother for the holidays, and I have built many computers before, but never a hackintosh, so i really don't feel safe picking the parts.
My brother does some audio editing, web browsing, and media playing, but that's it. very easy user, but I really want a perfectly optimized build.
Could somebody put together, not literally but a list, a parts list for as cheap as possible for the type of use i mentioned above. don't include the monitor, I will do that. And if you could, give me some contact information in case i need to troubleshoot while building, because I am kind of nervous about this. It also has to be able to be funcitonal without constant maintenence. It can't just stop working if my brother tries to update to the next version of OSx.
Thanks

I don't think anyone here is going to oversee your build step by step but people here are friendly, knowledgable and helpful so they will help you along the way when you have questions.

As for a list of parts check the buyer's guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-november-2014.html

If you want just choose one of the pre-selected builds there from the 6 they suggest. One of them will be good for you. Then you can mix and match parts a bit to save money or whatever. If you've built computers before its not that different from building a PC, you just have to choose parts that are known to work or be willing to experiment a lot.

Also look in the Golden Builds and User Builds sections and find the builds that seem successful. Hackintoshes are fun, great and rewarding but if you are not willing to put time and work into figuring it out then its probably not a good idea. Especially as a build for someone else.

If you do decide to go for it, it will be helpful if you come back with more specific questions and also more detailed info from your side. Also there is lots of detailed info already on this site that you should look through as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back