Motherboard
MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
CPU
Core i5 8600K
Graphics
MSI RX580 8GB Dual
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey there, so as I said, during the setup of the hackintosh, the mouse doesn't work. Also, should I wipe the PC and install macOS first THEN install Win10?

Edit: Keyboard has stopped working as well

Last edited:
Hey there, so as I said, during the setup of the hackintosh, the mouse doesn't work.
Edit: Keyboard has stopped working as well
May require USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-300-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.
Also, should I wipe the PC and install macOS first THEN install Win10?
See the sticky threads in the Multi Booting forum.

I have the same problem, mouse and keyboard no response when first booting up and getting to language select.

motherboard gigabyte aorus h370 gaming 3

I found USBInjectAll.kext ,
but I looked in the provided link for XCHI-300-series-injector.kext and could not found it.
instead I found XHCI-unsupported.kext, which I injected as well.
after doing that, now it does not get to language select, instead display an ICON that resembles not allowed ( perhaps no input is found ).

any idea how to fix this?

note: also tried setting BIOS ICHI-hands off to enabled, didn't help.

Not according to your profile!

Please update your profile (account details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have multiple systems add them to your signature or build signature.
I am so Sorry I just got my new system built yesterday, I just updated my profile , I am only trying on that new build , because I heard of the simplicity of the 370 chipsets for CustoMac , no longer trying on my old build .
Since I am in-experienced in Hackintosh, it seems I have stumbled without enough preparation, so I might need todo more research on how to Get past the language screen .
With default UniBeast setup , I can’t move mouse or keyboard when I get to the language screen . I tried different USB ports including the first 2 on the top which should be usb 2 , or some of the others but no luck .
If I inject some of the above mentioned files it gets stuck and displays a grey circle ⭕️ in the middle with a line inside . This is with Mojave latest version . I will be trying High Sierra tomorrow and see how that goes .
Do you need to see the verbose output ? I am not sure if this is a known issue.

Last edited:
If I inject some of the above mentioned files it gets stuck and displays a grey circle ⭕️ in the middle with a line inside.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).

Here is some pictures from verbose output. I connected the mouse/keyboard to the USB 2.0 ports on the top as seen in the pictures attached, which are next to the PS/2 ports.

at the back there is 4x USB2.0 ports, and 2x USB3.x , 1 x FlashUSB .
at the front i got 1 x USB2.0 and 1x USB 3.x
that's 4 + 2*2 + 1 + 2 +? = 11 ? not sure the red one how much is it . so there ports are not more than 15.

Recorded this video as well : (edit: video link removed, in-case its breaking the rules, if it does not break the rules i will repost it,most of the info is the same as in the pics anyway)

I noticed, if i start unplugging then re-pluging the USB mouse or keyboard, i get a few lines of verbose output, as if its scanning and waiting for something. it's not a total crash, but perhaps it's trying to search for the mouse / keyboard.

Attachments

• iphone 200.JPG
    iphone 200.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 720
  • iphone 202.JPG
    iphone 202.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 738
  • iphone 203.JPG
    iphone 203.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 550
  • iphone 204.JPG
    iphone 204.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 448
  • iphone 205.JPG
    iphone 205.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 483
  • iphone 206.JPG
    iphone 206.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 481
Last edited:
I noticed, if i start unplugging then re-pluging the USB mouse or keyboard, i get a few lines of verbose output, as if its scanning and waiting for something. it's not a total crash, but perhaps it's trying to search for the mouse / keyboard.
"Still waiting for root device".
When installing this means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
If you only have USB3 ports try with your USB flash drive in a USB2 hub.
Make sure Fast Boot is not activated in your BIOS.

May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
May require XHCI-unsupported.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

I just DID the switch to the USB2 port and it WORKED!, and made it to language screen of High Sierra with mouse/keyboard working.
now i did the same for Mojave and got to the language screen

THANK YOU. will report what happens next. still going through install.

EDIT : I got the error after 2nd reboot.
if i try to reboot, comes up with a screen saying can't install Mojave.
i will give High sierra a try next.

Attachments

• panic 003.JPG
    panic 003.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 489
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back