Asus M5A97 rev 2.0
CPU
FX-8120
Graphics
RTX 3060 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello everyone, I am thinking about building a hackintosh with the least amount of work involved for programming, DSDT editing, or Kext customizations. I have put together a list of hardware that I am interested in as a starting point of buying through seeing posts on this website and other youtube videos. I kindly appreciate your input and suggestions/tweaks. Thank you

GPU: SAPPHIRE NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT (11309-01-20)
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K/10900K (If the prices do not come down after apple's next event, then I would be open to looking at Non-'K' versions - 10900 vs. 10700). I am still undecided about the CPU. Any thoughts?
Motherboard/RAM/power supply: There are so many its confusing

1. A USB type-C/thunderbolt 4 port is a must for me as I intend to use this build for a long time (to use with future type-C phones, tablets and ipad's (maybe)) and having both a windows 11/10 hard drive and a hackintosh hard drive. In addition, I do alot of backing up pictures/video so a thunderbolt 4 port will help in the upcoming years for handling large amounts of media.

2. I also have a Wacom Cintiq pro 24 which utilises 4K display through a display port so if a hackintosh can work with this kind of pen display then I will go for that.

3. Audio/Wifi connectivity is a MUST and MUST work out-of-the-box as I don't want to make a complicated build (or as minimal as possible). Ethernet is not necessary if it is compatible then that's okay too.

Please let me know your thoughts

Look in the Golden Builds forum and find a Comet Lake system that meets your requirements.

Something like CaseySJ’s Vision D build would probably be a good match, if you can still purchase the motherboard.

If that board isn’t available then you might want to consider a newer build from Casey that includes Thunderbolt 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back