Contribute
Register

Hackintosh build for February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi HHorch.
I've just had a look at the case and it wouldn't fit in the 1st PCI slot as the fin stack of the cooler is slightly covering the slot. Potentially you could mount the fan in a different orientation possibly giving you slightly more room although this probably wouldn't be great as hot air would blow directly onto the GPU.

I also occasionally have issues with the integrated graphics on the i9 so for the time being I have it disabled in the bios and it runs without any problems.

Hi HHorch.
I've just had a look at the case and it wouldn't fit in the 1st PCI slot as the fin stack of the cooler is slightly covering the slot. Potentially you could mount the fan in a different orientation possibly giving you slightly more room although this probably wouldn't be great as hot air would blow directly onto the GPU.

I also occasionally have issues with the integrated graphics on the i9 so for the time being I have it disabled in the bios and it runs without any problems.

Hi mojava88,
thanks for your quick response.
I will buy the card and put in into the second slot.
Have a nice day

Hello, I'm planning a configuration like yours.
I would like to use the integrated graphics, I think I don't need more for my use, but reading you it seems there's problems with that.

Have you tried the IGPU without the Vegas?

Hi Pepechin

The IGPU seems a bit temperamental. I was getting 2 or 3 system crashes per day although I suspect it's something to do with my overclock too. Disabling the IGPU has temporarily resolved the issue for me. I intend to do some more experimenting with settings and clover configurator however haven't had time recently.

Just bought a NH-D15 to replace the NH-U12P. Figured water coolers probably weren't worth the hassle as they don't drop the temperatures as much as I would have imagined.

Hi,

I’m going to order my parts tomorrow. First I wanted to get the Noctua NH-D15 but that one is to big so I’m going to get the NH-D15S.

These are all the part:

• Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE
  • Intel i9 9900k
  • HyperX Predator HX436C17PB3K2/32 32GB DDR4 3600MHz or 64GB
  • Samsung 970 EVO 1TB (system) NVMe M.2
  • Samsung 860 EVO 2TB (data) SATA SSD
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W G3
  • NOCTUA NH-D15S cooler
  • Sapphire Radeon VII
  • abwb 802,11 AC Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) bcm94360cd Combo
  • Phanteks Evolv X
  • iiyama ProLite XB2779QQS-S1 5K 27 inch monitor or BENQ 4K monitor

• Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE
  • Intel i9 9900k
  • HyperX Predator HX436C17PB3K2/32 32GB DDR4 3600MHz or 64GB
  • Samsung 970 EVO 1TB (system) NVMe M.2
  • Samsung 860 EVO 2TB (data) SATA SSD
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W G3
  • NOCTUA NH-D15S cooler
  • Sapphire Radeon VII
  • abwb 802,11 AC Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) bcm94360cd Combo
  • Phanteks Evolv X
  • iiyama ProLite XB2779QQS-S1 5K 27 inch monitor or BENQ 4K monitor

This is close to the parts list I want to build. I suspect a lot of people are looking at the Designare/9900k/Radeon VII combo right now as sort of the maximal golden build of the moment.

I was looking at the Corsair hx1000, but will look at yours too.

I haven't looked at the numbers in detail but was expecting 3200MHz memory. Is the 3600 really needed?

The memory you select just came down to price for me. 3600 was considerably more expensive and from what I've read you get diminishing returns on anything above about 3200 anyway.

Hi Pepechin

The IGPU seems a bit temperamental. I was getting 2 or 3 system crashes per day although I suspect it's something to do with my overclock too. Disabling the IGPU has temporarily resolved the issue for me. I intend to do some more experimenting with settings and clover configurator however haven't had time recently.

Did you get around to doing those iGPU experiments, you mentioned ?

I wanna build a Rig much like yours.. following CaseySJ's guide, but i was thinking of not going for a discrete GPU as of yet, at least, as the build is solely for Audio work -> Ableton Live.

Have you been able to resolve the iGPU issues, then ?

Thanks very much

PS: also.. the CPU cooler -> did you stay with the NOCTUA NH-D15, or did you go for the NOCTUA NH-D15S ?

Hi K_Dua

Yes, I've got both the IGPU and discreet GPU on now. I think the issues were caused by overclocking to 5ghz. I've got it running now with no problems at 4.9Ghz. I think I also lowered the graphics slice ratio.

In the clover config the ig-platform-id is set to 0x3E9B0007 and inside Acpi I have the 'change GFX0 to IGPU' patch enabled.

I also changed the "Initial Display output" to IGFX in the bios as Final Cut has problems starting otherwise.

I bought the Noctua - NH-D15 (not s version) in the end.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back