Contribute
Register

Hackintosh booting to black screen after verbose (opencore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus p7p55de
CPU
i5 750
Graphics
HD 7850, HD 5770
Help, Hackintosh booting to Black Screen

MY cpu : core i5 750

MY gpu : amd hd 7850, amd hd 5570, I ONLY PLAN ON USING THE HD 7850

ram : 10gb ddr3 1333mhz

motherboard : asus p7p55d-e

ethernet- intel family controller

I FOLLOWED THE OPENCORE GUIDE AND I’ve successfully installed Mac OS but halfway through booting to Mac setup page, the monitor goes blank, so no display input, im using the amd hd7850, so I tried using the HD 5770 which isn’t supported with Big sur and it booted successfully but with no graphic acceleration and my cpu doesn’t have an Igpu, so the problem has to do with the amd HD 7850 but it works fine on windows and it is supposedly supported with big sur according to open core gpu list…..but it just boots to a black screen and that’s it, it’s my first hackintosh

Ok:AppleUserHIDEventdriver-0x1000004a9: :start(IOHIDInterface-0x1000004a8) fail

This is the last line before going black This is also the last line before the HD 5770 boots fine

I put a link to my efi

I have tried everything i can, please i need someones help

I would have posted pictures and a link to efi but this is the 3rd time my post is getting removed and i dont know why

Help, Hackintosh booting to Black Screen

MY cpu : core i5 750

MY gpu : amd hd 7850, amd hd 5570, I ONLY PLAN ON USING THE HD 7850

ram : 10gb ddr3 1333mhz

motherboard : asus p7p55d-e

ethernet- intel family controller

I FOLLOWED THE OPENCORE GUIDE AND I’ve successfully installed Mac OS but halfway through booting to Mac setup page, the monitor goes blank, so no display input, im using the amd hd7850, so I tried using the HD 5770 which isn’t supported with Big sur and it booted successfully but with no graphic acceleration and my cpu doesn’t have an Igpu, so the problem has to do with the amd HD 7850 but it works fine on windows and it is supposedly supported with big sur according to open core gpu list…..but it just boots to a black screen and that’s it, it’s my first hackintosh

Ok:AppleUserHIDEventdriver-0x1000004a9: :start(IOHIDInterface-0x1000004a8) fail

This is the last line before going black This is also the last line before the HD 5770 boots fine

I put a link to my efi

I have tried everything i can, please i need someones help

I would have posted pictures and a link to efi but this is the 3rd time my post is getting removed and i dont know why
you need to zip and upload your files here

I uploaded the picture of The last line before reboot

Attachments

• F9B860CC-8A45-4310-BEAE-12674920C061.jpeg
    F9B860CC-8A45-4310-BEAE-12674920C061.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 980
  • EE2376BE-BD09-406E-9729-623F58C132C9.png
    EE2376BE-BD09-406E-9729-623F58C132C9.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,224
  • 82E11B33-6151-4209-BDCF-91359689971F.jpeg
    82E11B33-6151-4209-BDCF-91359689971F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 984
I uploaded the picture of The last line before reboot
try with HfsPlus.efi and OpenRuntime.efi disable the others

remove FakeSMC kexts and try with VirtualSMC.kext

you are loading SSDT-XOSI.aml but without the relevant rename in your config.plist? either add in the rename or remove SSDT-XOSI.aml

Lilu.kext should be listed first in your config.plist

try removing ATAPortInjector.kext

BrightnessKeys.kext is for laptops

Attachments

• HfsPlus.efi
    37 KB · Views: 182
Thank you for answering, your the first person

I used virtual Mac initially and it was restarting during boot then I switched to fake smc and then the black screen

Out of curiosity I switched back to virtual smc but it still kept on booting to black screen, I’m not sure if this is relevant but I just thought I’d put it out

but I’ll try the other things, see if they work, again I really appreciate

Hey so
try with HfsPlus.efi and OpenRuntime.efi disable the others

remove FakeSMC kexts and try with VirtualSMC.kext

you are loading SSDT-XOSI.aml but without the relevant rename in your config.plist? either add in the rename or remove SSDT-XOSI.aml

Lilu.kext should be listed first in your config.plist

try removing ATAPortInjector.kext

BrightnessKeys.kext is for laptops
hey so i tried what u said, my system is legacy so the usb wouldn't even boot without the hfslegacy, so i changed it back and still a black screen,....... do u have any other ideas on what i could do, thanks

I had exactly the same symptom. The get around solution for me was, after the screen went black, switch to another port (typically the mini display port, in my case). The issue, I believe, was the display driver, when kicking in, switched to a wrong port, not the one connected. This is likely a port ID mismatch by the driver.

Dear all,
I may have the same symptom on my p7h55 and p7p55 too.
Here is the issue, my gpu is Sapphire RX570 Nitro+ 4GB.
In the begining bios mode, the hdmi port OK, then go through the picker and verbose fine, after the verbose no HDMI signal but swithed to DP it works.
If go with DP in the begining bios mode, no DP signal from bios to the picker and verbose, after the verbose the DP just works fine.
It really confues me.
Actually my Monitor is a TV with 4 hdmi and no DP port so that I connect a DP to HDMI adapter at rx570.
Thats the ossueabout my gpu rx570.

Another issue is the restart function in my macOS 12.2.1 and 12.4 not worked versy well. I am not sure the others have the same.
Here is it when system restart by itself or I manully click the restart it will go a long time till the hdd led light not blinking but cpu fan, gpu fan and power supply fan still running. Finally I pushed the reset button on the PC.
Then the system will boot into macOS Login screen just like nothing happened.
So far I use shutdown instead. Do you guys have same symptom with restart?

Attche my EFI files with Opencore 0.8.2 Release version.
I leave empty blank about Platforminfo Generic MLB SystemSerialNumber SystemUUID.

Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI 0717 OC082R.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Dear all,
I may have the same symptom on my p7h55 and p7p55 too.
Here is the issue, my gpu is Sapphire RX570 Nitro+ 4GB.
In the begining bios mode, the hdmi port OK, then go through the picker and verbose fine, after the verbose no HDMI signal but swithed to DP it works.
If go with DP in the begining bios mode, no DP signal from bios to the picker and verbose, after the verbose the DP just works fine.
It really confues me.
Actually my Monitor is a TV with 4 hdmi and no DP port so that I connect a DP to HDMI adapter at rx570.
Thats the ossueabout my gpu rx570.

Another issue is the restart function in my macOS 12.2.1 and 12.4 not worked versy well. I am not sure the others have the same.
Here is it when system restart by itself or I manully click the restart it will go a long time till the hdd led light not blinking but cpu fan, gpu fan and power supply fan still running. Finally I pushed the reset button on the PC.
Then the system will boot into macOS Login screen just like nothing happened.
So far I use shutdown instead. Do you guys have same symptom with restart?

Attche my EFI files with Opencore 0.8.2 Release version.
I leave empty blank about Platforminfo Generic MLB SystemSerialNumber SystemUUID.

Thanks.
Hi! Did you fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back