Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Boot Stops At "BluetoothHCIController -completed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the same problem. -v when booting shows that it gets stuck at [IOBluetoothHCIController][Start] -- completed.

Here are my specs. Rig is built 100% from the list of compatible hardware.

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC-Force Mobo (Running latest [beta] BIOS)
Intel i7 4790k
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 1GB FTW

BIOS is set to defaults and all options checked against the install guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html)

Not entirely sure if these "solutions" I've seen are actually solutions. How do I get the Bluetooth to work AFTER I do the install if I delete those kexts from the install?

I'm new to Hackintoshing, but DEFINITELY not new to PCs, custom builds, running OSX (I'm typing this from my MacBook Pro) etc.

If someone can help me with this, I'm sure I can keep up but I have NO experience with Hackintoshing to this point. I got one of my older laptops to work (Asus RoG g53jw) but that was short lived as I sold that to fund this desktop.

Thanks in advance! I'll buy you Starbucks or something if you help me get this working. :)

Update:

After trying nv_disable=1 I got past the Bluetooth hang, but now I'm on the install screen and I can tell the video performance is SERIOUSLY impaired. Like, when I move the mouse there's a trail almost. Is there something else I can use to get to the install screen without hampering performance?

Thanks in advance!

Update:

After trying nv_disable=1 I got past the Bluetooth hang, but now I'm on the install screen and I can tell the video performance is SERIOUSLY impaired. Like, when I move the mouse there's a trail almost. Is there something else I can use to get to the install screen without hampering performance?

Thanks in advance!

The nv_disable=1 did it for me here as well. I've tried like 15 different fixes, this was the only thing that got me past the bluetooth error.

Here's an idea I think might work:

Now when you open your unibeast flash drive you'll see a bunch of hidden folders. Open System > Library > Extensions, and you should see a ton of kext files. Do a spotlight search for anything with "bluetooth" on the name (should be 3 of them I think). Copy them to your desktop, and delete them from the Extensions folder. Now when you boot from the Unibeast drive on your hackintosh it won't get hung up looking for bluetooth peripherals.

Equip:
CPU: Intel i5-4590
Graphic: NVidia GTX 745
MoBo: Idk. Some noname thing in my Acer Predator G3-605

So I deleted:
AppleBluetoothMultitouch.kext
IOBluetoothFamily.kext
IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext
and it's still searching for a bluetooth thing...The problem is that my Acer HAS bluetooth and when i left the bt-kexts it found it too, but stucked aswell...HELP :(:cry::roll2:

thetrilock. can you tell me where do i delete those files you say? i found them on my macbook pro, but i don't think i want to delete those.
if you are talking about the mackintosh, don't i need to be on the desktop????? man please be more specific. pretend i don't know anything, I'm frustrated.

Here's an idea I think might work:

What you could try doing is deleting the kexts in your unibeast flash drive that make the OS look for Bluetooth chipsets (provided you don't have a bluetooth adapter/chipset in your computer). With the flash drive loaded on another mac open terminal and enter the string shown here: http://osxdaily.com/2009/02/25/show-hidden-files-in-os-x/

Now when you open your unibeast flash drive you'll see a bunch of hidden folders. Open System > Library > Extensions, and you should see a ton of kext files. Do a spotlight search for anything with "bluetooth" on the name (should be 3 of them I think). Copy them to your desktop, and delete them from the Extensions folder. Now when you boot from the Unibeast drive on your hackintosh it won't get hung up looking for bluetooth peripherals.

Mak sure to copy those kexts from the desktop to your flash drive, so you can reinstall them once your OS is functioning properly. I did this and it hasn't completely worked for me, but it got me a lot farther than before. Good luck!

I dont have a Mac. What do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back