Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Big Sur Wifi Problem with Fenvi-T919(BCM94360CD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING(WIFI)
CPU
I5-9600KF
Graphics
RX580
So, I upgraded to the latest Mac OS Big Sur with Open Core 0.6.4, everything works fine except the Wifi.
The problem is that the wifi is keep cycling among "searching network", "wifi logo blocked", "connected to wifi but no IP address", and cannot connect to the internet. Bluetooth works fine. And even the handoff works fine.
Previously in Catalina with Clover, the same card experience the same issue once I successfully installed the Mac OS, but after I use "Fake PCID", "AirportBrcmFixup" kexts with a device property injection, the issue fixed. But in Big Sur, I've tried many methods but no avail.
The methods I've tried:
1. No with related Kexts used, the wifi didn't work.
2. With "AirportBrcmFixup" kext in both Kext folder and config.plist, the wifi didn't work.
3. With "AirportBrcmFixup" kext in both Kext folder and config.plist, "Device Properties" added, the wifi didn't work.
4. With "AirportBrcmFixup", "Fake PCID", "FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi" kexts in both Kext folder and config.plist, "Device Properties" added, the wifi didn't work.
5. Cross combinations with above tries with BIOS Wifi disabled or enabled, none of them fix the wifi.
All the methods I tried are using the latest version of all these Kexts, with AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext blocked or removed.

Here's my build screenshots, I have tried every methods I can find, but failed every time. Wish some Hackintosh Giant can save me from the issue. And I will try to use Clover to build another Bootloader and see if Clover can fix this issue. I will later post the update once I tried Clover.

1. OS X version - Big Sur 11.1
  2. motherboard model - Asus TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming(wifi)
  3. BIOS version - 2808 X64, release date 2020/05/27
  4. processor - Intel i5-9600KF
  5. Graphics - Radeon RX 580
  6. Wifi Card - Fenvi-T919
  7. Procedure/Guide used - Open Core Install Guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

Attachments

• Hackintosh Support.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 357
Recently got Fenvi-T919 from AliExpress, installed it and have the same issue (Big Sur 11.1). I have dual band router 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Both bands use WPA/WPA2-PSK auth with TKIP&AES encryption support and same password. After examination of wifi.log and some Googling it looks like problem is that for some reason authentication is failed. So it stucks it reconnect loop. I tried AirportBrcmFixup with no luck as well. Then I changed 5GHz band auth method to WEP and ... it connected! After that I switched to 2.4GHz network and it started to work! So this is my workaround so far. I have to connect to 5GHz, then switch to 2.4Ghz each time after restart.

I have this same card and I am getting 20 Mbps right next to my MacBook pro that is pull down 200 Mbps. I don't understand why the huge difference when both are on a 5ghz network.

Here is possibly an explanation for the issues you are facing, taken from Acidanthera's AirportBrcmFixup readme:

In 11 (Big Sur) class AirPortBrcm4360 has been completely removed.

Using of injector kext with such class name and matched vendor-id:device-id blocks loading of original airport kext. To address this issue and keep compatibility with older systems injectors for AirPortBrcm4360 and AirPortBrcmNIC were removed from main Info.plist file.

Instead, the two new kext injectors are deployed in PlugIns folder: AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext and AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext.

You have to block (or remove) AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext in BigSur.

In OpenCore you can specify MaxKernel 19.9.9 for AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext. In Clover you can have two different AirportBrcmFixup.kext, but in kext folder with version name 11 AirportBrcmFixup.kext must not contain AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext. You don't need these injectors at all if your vendor-id:device-id is natively supported by AirPortBrcmNIC or AirPortBrcm4360 (your device-id is included into Info.plist in these kexts).

Here is a link to the AirportBrcmFixup.kext readme, you might want to read through this information as it may shed some more light on the issues you are facing. Especially the OP as you should not be using AirportBrcmFixup with the FakePCI kexts you mentioned.

I saw this and tried without Injector, still the same. Didn't use FakePCI. Both are possibly needed for the card to be determined by OS. But OS finds it without any kexts to me.

Hi! i had similar issues - i could connect only to 2.4 ghz and not to 5 ghz even it was visible. I found the solution for me - I had 1 mouse and 1 keyboard dongle using 5ghz - I disconnected them and boom - worked like a charm O_O. Now I got them in different usb ports and everything works fine - those dongles were somehow blocking the 5ghz network. Give it a try if you have any 5ghz device connected. good luck!

I have this same card and I am getting 20 Mbps right next to my MacBook pro that is pull down 200 Mbps. I don't understand why the huge difference when both are on a 5ghz network.
I'm having the same issues and doubts. I've a MacBook pro in the same room, the RSSI is -60dBm compared to -80dBm from the Fenvi T919.

Is there any kext that I should add to fix the issue? In my case it's working, but its too slow. I've tried moving the tower next to the router and the signal strength remains the same ~-80dBm.
Currently I don't have any windows boot to try it there, and I'm running out of ideas :(

I've got it working with this help: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-on-my-bigsur-x299.311325/page-9#post-2237374

I had SMBIOS set to MacPro7,1. Now changed it to iMac15,1 and it started to work.
I can confirm this has worked for me in Big Sur and I can now connect to the 5GHz frequency however, the download speeds are worse than on the 2.4GHz network.

:thumbdown

Are there any security protocol limits for this card? WPA etc.

I ask as I noticed noticed the security for my router is WPA3 whereas all the others in my history of previous connections has been WPA2.

Update:
iMac15,1 is not supported by MacOS Monterey, so I had to increase version to iMac17,1 and it still working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back