Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Hackintosh Big Sur Recognize wrong Processor Type, the performence sometimes drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z170M PLUS
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello anyone, I want to ask about the problem that I'm facing right now. I had much experience with Hackintosh for 2 years now with Clover, everything was good until I decide to upgrade my Hackintosh to Big Sur (Previously from High Sierra, because of my Nvidia Graphics). Anyway, as we know, Clover can't handle the newest OS anymore, so I decide to move on to the OpenCore EFI, I watch some videos about migrating the EFI, like a config, kexts, and etc. So I'm using OC Gen X to generate the EFI files, kexts, and plist. I check it too in the OC Gen X tool (like a simulator) and everything is fine. And I was successful in booting with Opencore, and upgrading into Mac OS Big Sur. but now I realize, when the mac os finishes the boot, the system was so laggy for a little while, but after that everything was so smooth.

Then I checking in about this mac, in the processor type, the Hackintosh recognize the wrong processor type. I'm using an intel 6 gen processor (i7 6700K), but the system recognized it to intel core i5. But previously in the high sierra, mac os recognize it well. I was set the system to recognize my compute into iMac 17.1 (same as in high sierra before). I know I should use 17.1 because its the only mac using skylake, but now after I move into opencore and upgrade my OS into Big Sur, the system recognize as intel core i5, so what should I do, please help if you know what's the problem and what method to fix it. Thanks

oh btw here is my EFI FIles if u want to analyze it. Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Hello anyone, I want to ask about the problem that I'm facing right now. I had much experience with Hackintosh for 2 years now with Clover, everything was good until I decide to upgrade my Hackintosh to Big Sur (Previously from High Sierra, because of my Nvidia Graphics). Anyway, as we know, Clover can't handle the newest OS anymore, so I decide to move on to the OpenCore EFI, I watch some videos about migrating the EFI, like a config, kexts, and etc. So I'm using OC Gen X to generate the EFI files, kexts, and plist. I check it too in the OC Gen X tool (like a simulator) and everything is fine. And I was successful in booting with Opencore, and upgrading into Mac OS Big Sur. but now I realize, when the mac os finishes the boot, the system was so laggy for a little while, but after that everything was so smooth.

Then I checking in about this mac, in the processor type, the Hackintosh recognize the wrong processor type. I'm using an intel 6 gen processor (i7 6700K), but the system recognized it to intel core i5. But previously in the high sierra, mac os recognize it well. I was set the system to recognize my compute into iMac 17.1 (same as in high sierra before). I know I should use 17.1 because its the only mac using skylake, but now after I move into opencore and upgrade my OS into Big Sur, the system recognize as intel core i5, so what should I do, please help if you know what's the problem and what method to fix it. Thanks

Hi there.

There are a couple of other things which can impact on CPU identification.

Check your config.plist in the Platforminfo/DataHub section for the ProcessorType value.

Is it "0" ?

thanks for your respond, i check it, and its value is 1541, not a 0. here's i leave a screenshort about it. Thanks

Okay.

Change the value to "0" (without the quotation marks) and Save it. Do not change anything else. Then reboot and test again.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back