CPU
i7 7700HQ
Graphics
Itel HD 630/GTX 950M: 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone! I'm running macOS Mojave 10.4.4 and everything works fine, but I noticed that in Windows the battery lasts for 4 or 5 hours, instead in macOS it lasts for only 2 hours. I've also changed the WiFi card with the BCM94352HMB, as FAQ recommends, and turned off the Nvidia graphic card (of course), but macOS still drains battery more quickly than Windows. Why? Is there a way to avoid this problem?
I thank you all in advance.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 476
Hi,
i'm not offering you a solution but i suggest you to check using intel power gadget (both mac and Win) the watt consumption.
I've the same problem as you and i just noticed that intel power gadget under Windows signal 1,2W power consumption when idle while on Mac OS the idle power consumption is 2,3W ... so the battery last half as on Windows .. i'm still trying to figure out why ...

Hello everyone! I'm running macOS Mojave 10.4.4 and everything works fine, but I noticed that in Windows the battery lasts for 4 or 5 hours, instead in macOS it lasts for only 2 hours. I've also changed the WiFi card with the BCM94352HMB, as FAQ recommends, and turned off the Nvidia graphic card (of course), but macOS still drains battery more quickly than Windows. Why? Is there a way to avoid this problem?

use this guide for PowerManagement ::: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

Hi,
i'm not offering you a solution but i suggest you to check using intel power gadget (both mac and Win) the watt consumption.
I've the same problem as you and i just noticed that intel power gadget under Windows signal 1,2W power consumption when idle while on Mac OS the idle power consumption is 2,3W ... so the battery last half as on Windows .. i'm still trying to figure out why ...
I sensed something like that, maybe because of the smbios or stuff like that?

I have updated just a few things by following the guide but seem that nothing happened.

I checked your file(attached) again and ssdtPRGen.aml doesn't exist in Clover/ACPI/patched/
please read again and carefully this guide ↓ and make ssdtPRGen.aml for your system

I checked your file(attached) again and ssdtPRGen.aml doesn't exist in Clover/ACPI/patched/
please read again and carefully this guide ↓ and make ssdtPRGen.aml for your system

But I have an Intel KabyLake, I don't need it. Or I'm wrong?

But I have an Intel KabyLake, I don't need it. Or I'm wrong?

I think you need ssdtPRGen.aml because ssdtPRGen is updated and now supported kabylake
On the other hand my system is Skylake and when I'm using ssdtPRGen I sensed it , Both in terms of energy management and in terms of the speed system

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 13.15.08.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 13.15.08.png
    157.5 KB · Views: 1,010
I think you need ssdtPRGen.aml because ssdtPRGen is updated and now supported kabylake
On the other hand my system is Skylake and when I'm using ssdtPRGen I sensed it , Both in terms of energy management and in terms of the speed system
What about now? It seems the same...

Attachments

• debug_24635.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 227
X86PlatformPlugin is loading but you haven't set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/PluginType=1. Also, remove SmoothMouse.kext. It is not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back