Contribute
Register

Hackintosh automatically update and Broke!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 8300 SFF
CPU
i5 3470/Q77
Graphics
GTX 710
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,
I built an hackintosh with my HP 8300 sff and installed sierra on it and it was running well but last night it updated automatically. Then when it restrarted it shows some info in the screen and shut downs.

Please help Im new to this!!.

Regards

Attachments

• 20190621_084028.jpg
    20190621_084028.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 39
Hi guys,
I built an hackintosh with my HP 8300 sff and installed sierra on it and it was running well but last night it updated automatically. Then when it restrarted it shows some info in the screen and shut downs.

Please help Im new to this!!.

Regards

Hi there.

Please update your Profile to include the components in your PC. It allows others who might have similar hardware to offer help. It's also a part of the site rules here :thumbup:

Okay...

1) How did you install Sierra on your HP in the first place? Was it a fresh install or an upgrade? How?

2) Do you know what upgrade was performed?

3) Can you boot the system using your UniBeast installer drive?

:)

Hi, thanks for answering.
1) I have installed sierra using the guide provided on this forum and it was a fresh install.

2) Dont know what upgrade was performed, but it upgraded quickly, it took around 5 minutes. I think it was a minor update.

3) yes the system boots fine and I can also see the clover screen but when I select the hard drive it outputs all that information.
I can access the bios and also select an usb from where to boot

Hi, thanks for answering.
1) I have installed sierra using the guide provided on this forum and it was a fresh install.

2) Dont know what upgrade was performed, but it upgraded quickly, it took around 5 minutes. I think it was a minor update.

3) yes the system boots fine and I can also see the clover screen but when I select the hard drive it outputs all that information.
I can access the bios and also select an usb from where to boot

Okay, we still can't see from your profile which CPU you have.

Looking at @trs96 's guide you can see some SSDTs for CPU power management. That seems to be what your error is related too. Which one you try depends on which CPU you have.

However it is difficult to see what has been updated without more to go on...

As well as @trs96 's great guide, also check out both @pastrychef 's and @Sniki 's HP8300 build guides. These three guys seriously know their stuff and the guides they have written are worth reading through. Do a search and you'll find them easily :thumbup:

Last edited:
My cpu is Intel i5 3470 3.2 GHz, and it is the Base Hp 8300 sff model you can buy. I have putted an GTX 710 Graphics card so I can run hackintosh on it.

My cpu is Intel i5 3470 3.2 GHz, and it is the Base Hp 8300 sff model you can buy. I have putted an GTX 710 Graphics card so I can run hackintosh on it.

Okay...

Boot using your UniBeast installer drive. Do NOT select your main drive but select the "External" left-hand icon to boot the installer again. DO NOT choose the option to install, instead choose Disk Utility and then run 'First Aid' on your main drive to check if everything is ok.

Report back.

Ok I'll try that.
If the hard drive is good, then what should I do??

Ok I'll try that.
If the hard drive is good, then what should I do??

The logic is - if the system boots using the UniBeast drive - and the Main disk is good - then you copy the EFI folder from the UniBeast drive over to the Main drive EFI partition. That way you have a system that boots BUT is not configured properly yet. At least the system works.

It looks like you may need to update Lilu and its plugins. Updating Clover would probably also be a good idea.

How would I update clover or lilu?
I'm a newbie can you please explain how can I update those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back