Contribute
Register

Hackintosh audio problems apply also to USB interfaces?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the wealth of information on this website and in these forums. I am considering a hackintosh laptop for music production. I notice from user posts that getting sound to work can be very difficult and keep it working after system upgrades is also difficult. Do these problems extend to USB audio interfaces like those made by Focusrite and Steinberg that usually run fine attached to Apple hardware? Could I not bother with the laptop's audio system and depend instead on a USB box?

-d.vyd

Thank you for the wealth of information on this website and in these forums. I am considering a hackintosh laptop for music production. I notice from user posts that getting sound to work can be very difficult and keep it working after system upgrades is also difficult. Do these problems extend to USB audio interfaces like those made by Focusrite and Steinberg that usually run fine attached to Apple hardware? Could I not bother with the laptop's audio system and depend instead on a USB box?

-d.vyd
Any audio interface compatible with macOS should work, so long as your USB ports are working, which is almost always the case. For example right now I use a Scarlett 2i2 on my hackintosh that works fine. Although I do have the onboard audio working, you don't need it to work in order for USB interfaces to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back