Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3
CPU
i5 2500K
Graphics
2x HD 4850
Okay the title says it all.

For all who have the ATI RADEON HD4850 x2 HD or some version of the ATI RADEON HD48XX here is a post with a patch to help you get it running in OS X Mountain Lion.

Heres the website like.

http://exoticpatch.eu.ki

When you are installing OS X Mountain Lion you will need to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No npci=x2000 -v on the installer to get it to let you install. On the restart type the same again and select your installed operating system. THen use multi beast and install your dsdt file and install the patch abov. Then on the reboot only type npci=2000. If for some reason it hangs up you will need to also type UseKernelCache=No Once up it should be working if it is go to the Plist and add which of these two commands you needed or both. Should be able to reboot with doing nothing.

MacModifier

No luck man. Got the install, did the basic install of multibeast (easy instal option) then i installed the package 10.8.2 even though im on 10.8.3 but no luck... suggestions?

Yes download the updated version of the kext. There out there, here are the names of the ones you want:

ATI4800Controller.kext
ATIRadeonX2000.kext

Get the ones with the update you are currently using in OS X Mountain Lion and use tonymacx software kext beast to install them and it should work.

I installed this patch on a system that I repaired and I wanted to get the 4850 radeon working on this I7 27' Mac with Mountain lion. I installed the patch and now I am glicthing... Mouse flickers and the panels are not complete... I have reset the NVRAM and that did nothing at all... How can I undo these changes.. I am now on Yosemite OS... Any help would be so much appreciated.. Thanks...

Update: Deleting the ATI4800Controller.Kext seemed to have fixed all my issues...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back