i3 8100
Graphics
RX 570 Gigabyte
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello friends, Im here because Im having many many troubles with my mackintosh since some weeks ago It continuously crash and reboot today by example was when I was trying to edit in final cut.

My actual configuration is:

Asrock z3270m Pro4
Ram 32gb
Video Card Gigabyte RX570
SSD m.2 Samgsun Evo Plus 1TB
Big Sur

I attached the EFI folder if somebody can help me I will be grateful

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 1.12.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 1.12.24 PM.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 63
Hello friends, Im here because Im having many many troubles with my mackintosh since some weeks ago It continuously crash and reboot today by example was when I was trying to edit in final cut.

My actual configuration is:

Asrock z3270m Pro4
Ram 32gb
Video Card Gigabyte RX570
SSD m.2 Samgsun Evo Plus 1TB
Big Sur

I attached the EFI folder if somebody can help me I will be grateful

Hi there.

So, are you saying it Boots okay, but crashes while running?

Hmm....

I've taken a look at your EFI folder and would highlight these issues:

1) You have the "Picker" set to external - which would normally mean OpenCanopy - however you do not have OpenCanopy.efi declared in your config.plist.

2) You are using USBPorts.kext BUT also have the XhciPortLimit quirk enabled. It should be disabled.

3) In ACPI you have 2x SSDTs that I do not understand - SSDT-RX580.aml and SSDT-PMC.aml. The first one should not be needed as the RX580 is pretty much native to macOS. The PMC one is (IIRC) doing the same job as SSDT-PLUG.aml. I would try without those - unless you have reason to keep them.

4) In Device Properties you have 2x Layout-IDs for audio (5 and 7). You should only have 1x.

5) The USBPorts.kext you have is for system-definition iMac19,1 but your system is running iMac18,3, so the USBPorts.kext will not work.

Other than those, we'll need more info in the crashes you are having.

:)

Hi there.

Hmm....

1) You have the "Picker" set to external - which would normally mean OpenCanopy - however you do not have OpenCanopy.efi declared in your config.plist.

2) You are using USBPorts.kext BUT also have the XhciPortLimit quirk enabled. It should be disabled.

3) In ACPI you have 2x SSDTs that I do not understand - SSDT-RX580.aml and SSDT-PMC.aml. The first one should not be needed as the RX580 is pretty much native to macOS. The PMC one is (IIRC) doing the same job as SSDT-PLUG.aml. I would try without those - unless you have reason to keep them.

4) In Device Properties you have 2x Layout-IDs for audio (5 and 7). You should only have 1x.

5) The USBPorts.kext you have is for system-definition iMac19,1 but your system is running iMac18,3, so the USBPorts.kext will not work.

Thanks UtterDisbelief I will do this changes I really appreciate you help because I'm felling lost but this will works I hope

(I have started changing iMac18,3 to iMac19,1 with GenSMBIOS)

Will update post when other changes be made. :)

Hi there.

Hmm....

Hello Again, good news I have changed those things u say and for now is working good with no freeze, I attach the new EFI file with changes. Only thing apparently is not working is final cut in the rendering process viewing Activity Monitor my Hackintosh is only using CPU to render and not using GPU and before final rendering say error.

Thank you for helping my with this, only in two hours I haven made more steps than in last month.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 4.12.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 4.12.39 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 76
Hello Again, good news I have changed those things u say and for now is working good with no freeze, I attach the new EFI file with changes. Only thing apparently is not working is final cut in the rendering process viewing Activity Monitor my Hackintosh is only using CPU to render and not using GPU and before final rendering say error.

Thank you for helping my with this, only in two hours I haven made more steps than in last month.

Okay. Good news. :thumbup:

Looking at the Intel spec for the iGPU in an i3-8100 they give two Device-IDs and the "headless" versions are preceded with 03 rather than 07. So perhaps try: 0300913E. I can't guarantee this will kick the RX580 into action but might be worth trying? (Take a backup first etc.)

Don't forget, you can always put SSDT-RX580.aml back and see if that alone resolves the Final Cut problem. It's worth testing on it's own to see if it helps. Someone must have written it for a purpose. The only thing I can see within its code which might cause a problem is HDMI audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back