Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Apollo Twin Usb

Hello Guys and congrats for your wonderful forum, just wanted to know if my apollo twin usb (normally for pc, but i am on my pc using hackintosh) could work in my hackintosh actually on osx sierra ? Are kexts existing for this ?

Thanks for your replies .

Motherboard
Asus x99 Deluxe II
CPU
Broadwell-e 6850K
Graphics
Nvidia 1070GTX FE
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I don't think that USB will work with OSX period because they haven't written any drivers for it (if it doesn't work on a "real" mac then it won't work on a hackintosh). The USB version of the interface was meant for Windows exclusively. However, I'd like to bump this because I've been searching through the forums for a hackintosh compatible motherboard that has thunderbolt on it so that I can use either version of the Apollo interface with a hackintosh, and so far I haven't found anything.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H GAMING
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-170MX Gaming 5
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GTX1060 3GB
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Apollo has full Mac support and as far as I know there is no reason why it should not work.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 gaming 5
CPU
Intel 8700
Graphics
Nvidia GTX1050 TI
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Motherboard
GA-Z370 AORUS Gaming 7-F13v2
CPU
i7-8700K OC 4.5 GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Classic, iBook, Performa, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
....And that's really too bad because I'm certain that writing the Thunderbolt driver, especially the Thunderbolt 3 driver for the Arrow, was much more involved. It's absurd that

If UAD creates an Ethernet card (Dante/Audinate) to replace the Thunderbolt 2 card in the Apollo 8, I'll buy it. I wouldn't buy another TB interface or any interface that doesn't support power on/power off –and proven on my machine.