Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Apollo Twin Usb

Hello Guys and congrats for your wonderful forum, just wanted to know if my apollo twin usb (normally for pc, but i am on my pc using hackintosh) could work in my hackintosh actually on osx sierra ? Are kexts existing for this ?

Thanks for your replies .

Motherboard
Asus x99 Deluxe II
CPU
Broadwell-e 6850K
Graphics
Nvidia 1070GTX FE
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I don't think that USB will work with OSX period because they haven't written any drivers for it (if it doesn't work on a "real" mac then it won't work on a hackintosh). The USB version of the interface was meant for Windows exclusively. However, I'd like to bump this because I've been searching through the forums for a hackintosh compatible motherboard that has thunderbolt on it so that I can use either version of the Apollo interface with a hackintosh, and so far I haven't found anything.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H GAMING
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-170MX Gaming 5
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GTX1060 3GB
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Apollo has full Mac support and as far as I know there is no reason why it should not work.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 gaming 5
CPU
Intel 8700
Graphics
Nvidia GTX1050 TI
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe II X299
CPU
i9-9940X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra, SE/30
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
....And that's really too bad because I'm certain that writing the Thunderbolt driver, especially the Thunderbolt 3 driver for the Arrow, was much more involved. It's absurd that

If UAD creates an Ethernet card (Dante/Audinate) to replace the Thunderbolt 2 card in the Apollo 8, I'll buy it. I wouldn't buy another TB interface or any interface that doesn't support power on/power off –and proven on my machine.