Dell Optiplex 7060
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX-460
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Dear friends:

I was just wondering: how many here have built a Hackintosh and still keep and use their Apple Macs?

I'm planning on a Hackintosh, and I intend to keep my old Mac (for as long as it runs) so I'll be able to multi-task.

I've got two Mac minis and one MBP 15" laptop. Still use all of them. It's a good idea to keep a few Macs around for various reasons.

• I'm still using my iMac G5 as an (admittedly expensive :mrgreen:) alarm clock (waking up to the sound of my favourite radio station, with a carefully crafted fade-in made with an applescript).
I used to run torrent apps at the same time, but all of them ceased to work reliably years ago.
The weak spot for those machines is definitely Internet browsers (I used TenFourFox until it stopped being developed, but more and more sites have issues with it or won't display at all, because of some javascript library, as I've read somewhere).
• My Mac Mini G4 was in use until the end of 2021!
But I guess your Mac is not that old... :lol:

My Mac Mini G4 was in use until the end of 2021!
But I guess your Mac is not that old..
I've got one of those too. It's mainly still around for sentimental reasons. Maybe as part of my Mac museum some day. My other two minis still in use are the 2011/2012 models.

But I guess your Mac is not that old
There's this guy I know named Don that owns every old Mac ever made. All the way back to the Apple II. His plan is to open a restaurant and display all these classic Macs so people can come in, buy some food and look at all of his collection too. It's a way to get a lot more traffic than just having a Mac museum.

When he asked me what would be a good name for the restaurant, I said, "That's easy, call it Old Mac Donalds."

There's this guy I know named Don that owns every old Mac ever made. All the way back to the Apple II. His plan is to open a restaurant and display all these classic Macs so people can come in, buy some food and look at all of his collection too. It's a way to get a lot more traffic than just having a Mac museum.

When he asked me what would be a good name for the restaurant, I said, "That's easy, call it Old Mac Donalds."
I've been using myself "Mac Arena" for naming a folder where I put all Mac stuff, would be a nice name for that joint too! (and less prone to lawsuits :lol:)
EDIT: in case you don't get it, the pun is about the song Macarena. ;)

Last edited:
the pun is about the song Macarena
Had to check the Wiki for that one. Don't listen to much popular 1990s Spanish dance music.

"Macarena" is a dance song by Spanish pop duo Los del Río, about a woman of the same name. The song uses a type of clave rhythm. Originally appearing on the 1993 album A mí me gusta, a subsequent remix by Miami-based producers The Bayside Boys became an international hit and inspired a dance craze in the latter half of 1996 and part of 1997.

Dear friends:

I was just wondering: how many here have built a Hackintosh and still keep and use their Apple Macs?

I'm planning on a Hackintosh, and I intend to keep my old Mac (for as long as it runs) so I'll be able to multi-task.

Once I got my first hackintosh running properly, I sold my MacPro5,1 as fast as I possibly could.

When I rejoined the collective and got my Mac Studio, I got rid of my hackintosh.

I don't have the room for so many systems...

Had to check the Wiki for that one. Don't listen to much popular 1990s Spanish dance music.

"Macarena" is a dance song by Spanish pop duo Los del Río, about a woman of the same name. The song uses a type of clave rhythm. Originally appearing on the 1993 album A mí me gusta, a subsequent remix by Miami-based producers The Bayside Boys became an international hit and inspired a dance craze in the latter half of 1996 and part of 1997.
I was in Spain when this was a huge hit. Everyday thousands of people/tourists would gather on the beach late in the afternoon to dance to this tune. Quite unnerving for an introvert music lover like me.

This will be my last OT post in this thread. Apologies to the OP.
Everyday thousands of people/tourists would gather on the beach late in the afternoon to dance to this tune.
Must have been like watching a human version of Crab Rave. What a sight to see. LOL.
At one point, it was so big, even Andre Rieu performed this on stage. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back