Contribute
Register

Hackintosh and XCode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to bug you guys. I just got acceptance from university, unfortunately, my first course is related to IOS development. Last two weeks I am pulling my hair to figure out 600-700 dollars Hackintosh works ok with Xcode. Please write me down any config I will buy and built it. Thanks for all advise.

See the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide's CustoMac configurations. Those will give you a place to start your decision making.

Just wanted to chime in here: Xcode works perfectly fine with my hackintosh (I have even submitted an app to the app-store with it) :)

Just wanted to chime in here: Xcode works perfectly fine with my hackintosh (I have even submitted an app to the app-store with it) :)

Thanks for sharing your experience Reached. If you don't mind, can you write it down your configurations and tutorial to install IOS?

You could just get one of these to get you out the door and working:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orking-and-easily-affordable-customac.224812/

Oh, thanks for the great help. I have five hp6300 in my basement. I bought MSI GT1030 AERO ITX 2GD4 OC today and installed "Sierra". But big surprise showed up and the end. I got "Xcode cant be installed on Sierra because macOS version 10.13.6 or later is required" from App Store. Now i am going to try to install "High Sierra" or "Mojave" . I hope one of them will work with HP6300 too. If you have any advise please let me know before I try to install.

I have five hp6300 in my basement.
Why 5 ? Where did they come from ? Very lucky for you. No need to spend $700 on a new build.
I got "Xcode cant be installed on Sierra because macOS version 10.13.6 or later is required" from App Store. Now i am going to try to install "High Sierra" or "Mojave"

There is a new guide written by Sniki for the install of Mojave on the HP 6300/8300. You could try that as a clean install. It will require either an RX560 or GT 710 or HD4000 graphics to work with Mojave. (No GT 1030 drivers for Mojave) Then you can run the latest version of Xcode. If any of your HP 6300s has an i3-3225 or i5-3475S or i7-3770 then you can simply use HD4000 and install Mojave without any dedicated gfx card.

If the version of Xcode you need runs on H.Sierra you could then use your 1030 with the matching 10.13.6 Nvidia Web drivers.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...p-6300-pro-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.265384/

If you will be submitting your work to Apple make sure you don't skip the final step of creating a unique serial # and checking it first before signing into anything Apple related. i.e. go through the steps in the iDiot's Guide to iMessage linked from the guide.
Post any relevant questions in the above guide/thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back