Contribute
Register

Hackintosh and projector

Hello. I'm new to hackintosh and macOS. And I've never connected a projector to it before. But now I need to do it. So I have a question.
Does hackintosh needs some driver or kext to connect projector to it? Or macOS Mojave has native support for any projector without additional files?
The projector is Benq. I don't know its model for sure but visually it looks similar to MS506. My graphics card is running via whatevergreen kext.

Motherboard
Asus z390-F
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Performa, Plus, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android
You have probably figured this out already, but in case someone else have the same question you normally don't need anything to drive projectors from osx.

The projector is simply treated as another display. Depending on the projector you may want to do color calibration or choose a color profile and make sure the resolution and screen setup is the way you want it in system preferences. If the projector is mirrored osx will set the resolution of all monitors to the lowest native resolution on all the connected displays, so I tend to prefer not mirroring the projector.

I work with projections at events, usually in resolume arena 6, and if anyone has questions about projection mapping, working with multiple projectors or anything like that I can answer them.

Last edited: