Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi I have just purchased an Alienware M17x R4 and I was wondering if there was a working method to run 10.7.3 on it w/o having to reinstall Windows 7.
My Specs are,
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3720QM (6MB Cache, up to 3.6GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0)
32GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz
750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s
17.3-inch WideFHD 1920 x 1080 120Hz NVIDIA 3D Vision Bundle
Intel Centrino 2230 Wireless-N
Internal High-Definition 5.1 Surround Sound Audio
NVidia GeForce GTX 660M

If anyone can help please respond. Thx :D

Put a 2nd Hard Drive into the laptop and then install Lion on that.

I suspect that the bios is set to RAID so you will need to change to AHCI for Lion, but it will mean you going into the bios and having to keep changing between the 2 depending on what OS you want.

You might want to search for 660M compatibility, since I think the 3D screens disable the HD3000. So I would recommend you check that out before starting.

Other than that, I am sure the basic hardware is not that different from the M17xR3, so follow the guides in my signature.

Jim989 said:
Put a 2nd Hard Drive into the laptop and then install Lion on that.

I suspect that the bios is set to RAID so you will need to change to AHCI for Lion, but it will mean you going into the bios and having to keep changing between the 2 depending on what OS you want.

You might want to search for 660M compatibility, since I think the 3D screens disable the HD3000. So I would recommend you check that out before starting.

Other than that, I am sure the basic hardware is not that different from the M17xR3, so follow the guides in my signature.
Okay but I was wondering do the A08 Unlocked BIOS work with the M17x R4?

There is a A05 unlocked bios for M17X R4 but what must be configure in it to install osx please ? (i have tried mountain lion with unibeast but get "still waiting for root device" event with AHCI... please help me)

Sorry for my bad english but i'm French :)

hello same thing i would like to install hackinstosh on alienware m17x r4 just wondering if someone could get me a good website cause I'm having trouble with mojave i keep on booting up, then it shows me apple symbol then it shows me a circle with a line through it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back