Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370 SLI PLUS
CPU
Core i7 8700k
Graphics
GTX 1070
Hello team!
In short: I have Hackintosh (i7 8700k , 32G RAM, MB MSI z370 SLI Plus, BT module from Ali - BT module and Logitech c270).
BT module works fine out of the box.
So by default I am using mic from Logitech c270 and it works perfect (Skype, zoom, etc)
By default Airpods sound configuration looks like this --> 2 channels and 32 bit quality

1587835661032.png

When I want to use mic from AirPods - I can hear some kind of sound degradation

1587835780844.png

after that my airpods sound quality goes to 16 bit and 8,0 Khz (which is not good at all :( ) and I can't use32 bit configuration.

1587835716372.png

So team , if you have any ideas how to fix this issue - I would be very grateful!
Thank you!

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Hmmm, I am not sure I completely agree.

When using air pods on a native mac the micro quality drops to 16 kHz, where as for my hackintosh it drops to 8 kHz. Which obviously noticeably worse.

So i suppose I agree the quality drop is expected, but it is far worse then normal. I would kill for 16 kHz microphone quality :)

Hmmm, I am not sure I completely agree.

When using air pods on a native mac the micro quality drops to 16 kHz, where as for my hackintosh it drops to 8 kHz. Which obviously noticeably worse.

So i suppose I agree the quality drop is expected, but it is far worse then normal. I would kill for 16 kHz microphone quality :)

Oh, I missed that detail, sorry. Yes, that does seem strange. For what it's worth, I have this BT module as opposed to the one OP mentioned and I'm only observing the expected drop to 16kHz, so no difference between my Hackintosh and my MacBook Pro.

Oh interesting. Is that with actual air pods or a different bluetooth headset?

With actual AirPods and AirPods Pro.

Maybe the one you have is the secret I need for this.

I can definitely recommend it, everything including Handoff etc. works flawlessly. The only thing I added is an antenna extension for the BT module to get the antenna closer to the front of my desk.

Same issue here. Hava you get a workaround to this?

Oh, I missed that detail, sorry. Yes, that does seem strange. For what it's worth, I have this BT module as opposed to the one OP mentioned and I'm only observing the expected drop to 16kHz, so no difference between my Hackintosh and my MacBook Pro.

I actually have the same one (the Fenvi T919) and do have the problem with only 8kHz audio, which is puzzling. I use my airpods on Zoom quite often so this is frustrating - anyone else have a different experience?

Out of interest, when did people buy their cards? Mine is from December 2019...

same here, mojave no problem - catalina quality very bad with microphone on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back