These are my specs:
CPU: i5-4460
VGA: MSI GTX 960 2GB
MOBO: MSI H97 PC Mate
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 CL9
HDD: WD 1TB 64MB 3.5"
PSU: XFX 550W TS 80+ Bronze

This is what is inside my HDD:
efi partition - windows - ubuntu - linux swap - data (I am using ubuntu grub to dualboot)

I am planning to buy an SSD (Samsung 850 Pro 256GB?) and install osx (El Capitan or Sierra?) on it

Are my specs all compatible? What guide do I need to follow to tripleboot them but on separate drives, without erasing my HDD?

Last edited:
I think I only need to install El Capitan on the SSD and then the (hackintosh)bootloader will recognize all the other O.S. in the HDD, without any other action required, am I right?
Is it ok to follow the main installation guide, or do I need to change something in the process for my setup?

I think I only need to install El Capitan on the SSD and then the (hackintosh)bootloader will recognize all the other O.S. in the HDD, without any other action required, am I right?
Is it ok to follow the main installation guide, or do I need to change something in the process for my setup?
It all depends on whether you have installed Windows / Ubuntu UEFI or legacy. Going bald has a current guide you can follow to determine which way to proceed.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi-on-separate-drives.198869/
You could simply disconnect your HDD while you are installing OS X to the SSD. Get that fully working, run Multibeast and install Clover to get it booting from the SSD. Then connect the HDD later to see if Clover allows you to boot Windows and Ubuntu. If not you may need to reinstall those following the linked guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back