Intel HD 5500 and Nvidia Geforce 940M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
HELP!! Hackintosh Acer Aspire E5-573G-52G3

Hi guys, I'm new here and I wanted to install OS X El Captain on my acer laptop. I wanted to know if it'll work on it. Here are the laptop specs:

System: Acer Aspire E5-573G-52G3 (ZORO_BH)
Motherboard: Chipset: Broadwell-U ---- Southbridge: Broadwell-U PCH L-P
CPU: Intel Core i5 5200U
Graphics: HD 5500, 1920 x 1080 (It also has an Nvidia Geforce 940M)
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
HDD: 1 TB western digital and Samsung EVO 850- 250 GB SSD

I also wanted to state that I'll install it on the HDD and not the SSD because my SSD already has windows 10 on it. And I'll want to dual boot it with windows 10. Let me know what are my options and if my system will be able to handle it or not. Thanks a bunch!

Hi guys, I'm new here and I wanted to install OS X El Captain on my acer laptop. I wanted to know if it'll work on it. Here are the laptop specs:

System: Acer Aspire E5-573G-52G3 (ZORO_BH)
Motherboard: Chipset: Broadwell-U ---- Southbridge: Broadwell-U PCH L-P
CPU: Intel Core i5 5200U
Graphics: HD 5500, 1920 x 1080 (It also has an Nvidia Geforce 940M)
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
HDD: 1 TB western digital and Samsung EVO 850- 250 GB SSD

I also wanted to state that I'll install it on the HDD and not the SSD because my SSD already has windows 10 on it. And I'll want to dual boot it with windows 10. Let me know what are my options and if my system will be able to handle it or not. Thanks a bunch!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.

Thank you so much man! Let me read that and I'll post any questions I got here. Thanks!

Only way to get install booted following instructions is to disable all oem dsdt and ssdt's. I have read many posts and have extracted dsdt and ssdt's (clover F4) and have been able to dis-assemble the aml's . I need some help figuring what I need to patch these to boot the El Capitan‎ installer (E5-573G-52G3).

Attachments

• origin.zip
    51.6 KB · Views: 214
  • to_edit.zip
    106.3 KB · Views: 237
  • EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 346
Only way to get install booted following instructions is to disable all oem dsdt and ssdt's. I have read many posts and have extracted dsdt and ssdt's (clover F4) and have been able to dis-assemble the aml's . I need some help figuring what I need to patch these to boot the El Capitan‎ installer (E5-573G-52G3).

You neglected to fill out your profile...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

--

ACPI patching: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Hi, thanks for your help! :clap:
I have installed successfully! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssss :headbang:
Im on the desktop now. i dont wanna do anything to make it not work anymore. :mrgreen:

but I see only 7mb for my 5500HD graphics wich make it laggy. But the resolution is 1920x1080. I have used the config.plist given. What should I do? :D

Hey man, I'm stuck at this point.

Can you post what you did?

Thanks

Hey man, I'm stuck at this point.

Can you post what you did?

Thanks

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Hello, so I got to an install screen. I followed the guide, and made some edits to the config, did not inject intel graphics and dropped a table SSDT ACRPRDCT 23244. I get to the install screen, woohoo, however, it can not find my drive. Any suggestions? I'm not using legacy, and doing the UEFI method. Also, I already have a partition with my Arch install and made a partiont fat32 first, then HFS+, and still got no luck.

Thanks

Hello, so I got to an install screen. I followed the guide, and made some edits to the config, did not inject intel graphics and dropped a table SSDT ACRPRDCT 23244. I get to the install screen, woohoo, however, it can not find my drive. Any suggestions? I'm not using legacy, and doing the UEFI method. Also, I already have a partition with my Arch install and made a partiont fat32 first, then HFS+, and still got no luck.

Thanks

If you don't see your HDD/SSD in Disk Utility, perhaps your SATA is in RAID mode.

Or you made the mistake of dropping the SATA SSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back