Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Acer Aspire E5-573G-52G3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read USB guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Hi Rehabman. I have a really weird issue.
The audio works fine, however, If I plug in a headset or earpiece to the headphone jack it sounds very weird. I tried disabling the Intel Inject and when I did that the audio sounded better, the microphone worked and the sound through the headphone jacked sounded crystal clear. Any ideas?
I saw some errors for example: VoodooHDA loading when it's not in S/L/E

I'm attaching as requested on previous posts.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thank you!

Attachments

• AcerAspire.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 195
Hi Rehabman. I have a really weird issue.
The audio works fine, however, If I plug in a headset or earpiece to the headphone jack it sounds very weird. I tried disabling the Intel Inject and when I did that the audio sounded better, the microphone worked and the sound through the headphone jacked sounded crystal clear. Any ideas?
I saw some errors for example: VoodooHDA loading when it's not in S/L/E

I'm attaching as requested on previous posts.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thank you!

I don't use VoodooHDA enough to comment. You might try using patched AppleHDA instead.

See FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-10-11-4-broken-audio-with-applehda-injector-dummyhda.188853/

I don't use VoodooHDA enough to comment. You might try using patched AppleHDA instead.

See FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-10-11-4-broken-audio-with-applehda-injector-dummyhda.188853/
That's the weird part, I dont have voodoohda installed. I uninstalled it but somehow its still showing on one of logs I shared with you.
I downloaded the patched kext for alc255 from insanleymac and installed with kext utility.
Weird thing is that it only works if I dont inject Intel. Any ideas?

That's the weird part, I dont have voodoohda installed. I uninstalled it but somehow its still showing on one of logs I shared with you.
I downloaded the patched kext for alc255 from insanleymac and installed with kext utility.
Weird thing is that it only works if I dont inject Intel. Any ideas?

VoodooHDA is definitely installed. It shows quite obviously in your ioreg.

VoodooHDA is definitely installed. It shows quite obviously in your ioreg.
Hi Rehabman. Thanks for all the help thus far! I've made some real progress.
I now have native audio with patched AppleHDA.kext for ALC255. Audio works great, mic too.
The problem I'm having now is when I plug in an earpiece to the headphone jack the audio is very "echoey".
When I install codeccommander and restart the audio is disabled and OS X does not detect the built in sound card. In order to get it to work I have to uninstall Codeccommander and AppleHDA and reinstall again (just AppleHDA) and repair cache.
Please let me know what am I doing wrong?
Thank you!

Hi Rehabman. Thanks for all the help thus far! I've made some real progress.
I now have native audio with patched AppleHDA.kext for ALC255. Audio works great, mic too.
The problem I'm having now is when I plug in an earpiece to the headphone jack the audio is very "echoey".
When I install codeccommander and restart the audio is disabled and OS X does not detect the built in sound card. In order to get it to work I have to uninstall Codeccommander and AppleHDA and reinstall again (just AppleHDA) and repair cache.
Please let me know what am I doing wrong?
Thank you!

Install CodecCommander.kext (latest version from my repo).
Rebuild cache as per FAQ.

Install CodecCommander.kext (latest version from my repo).
Rebuild cache as per FAQ.
Hi, I did as per guide. Now the audio doesn't work.
I can see under Audio in About this Mac under Intel High Definition (Layout =3) Audio Line Input, Line Output, Internal Microphone but nothing under devices.
Can you please help?

Hi, I did as per guide. Now the audio doesn't work.
I can see under Audio in About this Mac under Intel High Definition (Layout =3) Audio Line Input, Line Output, Internal Microphone but nothing under devices.
Can you please help?

Did you rebuild cache as per FAQ? (boot without caches from Clover menu, then rebuild cache in Terminal)

Did you rebuild cache as per FAQ? (boot without caches from Clover menu, then rebuild cache in Terminal)
Yes, I followed this guide:

Note: When using AppleHDA injectors (so-called "dummy HDA"), you must rebuild cache in a very specific way when audio is lost.

- boot without caches (press spacebar for Clover menu, choose from resulting menu)
- rebuild cache:
Code (Text):

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Yes, I followed this guide:

Note: When using AppleHDA injectors (so-called "dummy HDA"), you must rebuild cache in a very specific way when audio is lost.

- boot without caches (press spacebar for Clover menu, choose from resulting menu)
- rebuild cache:
Code (Text):

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back