Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Acer Aspire E5-573G-52G3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If done properly, the resulting file is much smaller than 16mb. Please read the request carefully.
Sorry about that. Here you go.

EDIT: I managed to fix the issue. I had a real mess (installed multiple kexts, etc.)
Here's how I fixed it. For those who have an Acer Aspire E5-573G with InsydeH20 Bios, you can access the "advanced" tab by doing the following:
1) Boot laptop
2) Press F2 and enter Bios
3) At main screen press FN+Tab (quickly both keys together) three times.
4) Save and exit
5) Re-Enter Bios and you should see advanced tab. If it doesn't work, try again (it might take a few times until it works).

I personally fixed this issue (Graphics Card 7MB) by setting Bios as follows:
Vt-d: Disable
Intel Virtualization: Disable
DVMT-prealloc: 64MB

After doing this, did a clean install of OS X El Capitan.
Once I reached the desktop I injected Intel in Clover with id for Intel 5500 0x16160002 and restarted.
The screen garbled a lot. I used an HDMI cable to connect the laptop to another monitor. It mirrored the desktop to the monitor and there I lowered the resolution to 1600x900. Saved and restarted. It works perfectly now!

The only issues I'm having are:
Brightness is kind of low.
The screen flickers a little at startup (right before it reaches the desktop).
So far, I'm VERY Happy. Works beautifully. Very fast.

Any ideas on how to resolve these issues? (brightness and flickering before reaching desktop)

Attachments

• Hackintosh Acer Aspire.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Sorry about that. Here you go.

EDIT: I managed to fix the issue. I had a real mess (installed multiple kexts, etc.)
Here's how I fixed it. For those who have an Acer Aspire E5-573G with InsydeH20 Bios, you can access the "advanced" tab by doing the following:
1) Boot laptop
2) Press F2 and enter Bios
3) At main screen press FN+Tab (quickly both keys together) three times.
4) Save and exit
5) Re-Enter Bios and you should see advanced tab. If it doesn't work, try again (it might take a few times until it works).

I personally fixed this issue (Graphics Card 7MB) by setting Bios as follows:
Vt-d: Disable
Intel Virtualization: Disable
DVMT-prealloc: 64MB

After doing this, did a clean install of OS X El Capitan.
Once I reached the desktop I injected Intel in Clover with id for Intel 5500 0x16160002 and restarted.
The screen garbled a lot. I used an HDMI cable to connect the laptop to another monitor. It mirrored the desktop to the monitor and there I lowered the resolution to 1600x900. Saved and restarted. It works perfectly now!

The only issues I'm having are:
Brightness is kind of low.
The screen flickers a little at startup (right before it reaches the desktop).
So far, I'm VERY Happy. Works beautifully. Very fast.

Any ideas on how to resolve these issues? (brightness and flickering before reaching desktop)

Your problem is graphics drivers are not loading... as if you deleted them, or otherwise corrupted them.

From where did you download OS X?

Your problem is graphics drivers are not loading... as if you deleted them, or otherwise corrupted them.

From where did you download OS X?
Thanks Rehabman. I've already resolved that issue. I provided an update to that in my previous post.
I had to reinstall. I may have done something wrong (I think I installed too many kexts and something went wrong)
This time, I did a fresh install (I downloaded OS X from App Store - I have a 2nd Hackintosh (Desktop build) - ) and as soon as I reached the desktop I installed Clover with Multibeast to internal HDD and then I edited config.plist with proper Graphics ID: Intel 5500 0x16160002.

The screen garbled a lot. I used an HDMI cable to connect the laptop to another monitor. It mirrored the desktop, so thankfully, I was able to lower the resolution from 1920x1080 to 1600x900. Saved and restarted. It works perfectly now!

The only issues I'm currently having are:
Brightness is very low.
The screen flickers a little at startup (just before it reaches the desktop - Apple Logo and white bar loading - ).

Please let me know what can be done.

Thanks.

The only issues I'm currently having are:
Brightness is very low.
The screen flickers a little at startup (just before it reaches the desktop - Apple Logo and white bar loading - ).

Please let me know what can be done.

Thanks.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Sure. Thanks!
Here you go.

Attachments

• Hackintosh Acer.zip
    398.7 KB · Views: 114
You did not provide EFI/Clover as requested.

As for your brightness issue, http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

Thanks Rehabman! I'll go ahead and read in detail.

Sorry about that! I'm attaching the EFI

I have a few more questions.
1) Webcam not working. OS X doesn't detect it at all. I was able to get it working (can't remember how) before reinstalling.
2) Internal micrphone not working with VoodooHDA 2.8.8 from sourceforge. Sound works well (output), however if I plug in 3.5 mm cable into the microfone jack in the laptop the sound is awful. Sounds like a karaoke song! haha
3) HDMI works great, but only video. Is it possible to get audio or only video?

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 118
Thanks Rehabman! I'll go ahead and read in detail.

Sorry about that! I'm attaching the EFI

I have a few more questions.
1) Webcam not working. OS X doesn't detect it at all. I was able to get it working (can't remember how) before reinstalling.
2) Internal micrphone not working with VoodooHDA 2.8.8 from sourceforge. Sound works well (output), however if I plug in 3.5 mm cable into the microfone jack in the laptop the sound is awful. Sounds like a karaoke song! haha
3) HDMI works great, but only image. Is it possible to get audio or only video?

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Webcam is probably USB issue: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

For internal mic, use patched AppleHDA. See FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

For HDMI audio, read guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-igpu-hdmi-dp-audio-sandy-ivy-haswell-broadwell.189495/

Hi Rehabman. Thanks! I fixed the brightness issue.
I need some help on having OS X detect the built in webcam. Already gone through link you provided me. Anything else you could think of?
Thanks!

Hi Rehabman. Thanks! I fixed the brightness issue.
I need some help on having OS X detect the built in webcam. Already gone through link you provided me. Anything else you could think of?
Thanks!

Read USB guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back