Contribute
Register

“HackinMouse” Skylake H110 Econo Rig | i5-6500 | GA-H110M-A | 16GB | RX560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any issues with Front Panel USB 3.0 on this motherboard using Sierra? The FP USB 2 works and all the USB (1/2/3) ports work in the back. Just not the FP USB 3.0.

Hi, I have two ports on the front of my case (USB 2/USB 3) and both are working fine. I just tested copying a large file and it is using USB 3 transfer speed for the USB 3 port. I hadn't tested this in a while and wanted to be sure. If the USB 3 port doesn't work at all, I would double check the connections inside of your case to make sure the FP USB wires are plugged into the proper ports on the MB.

Hi, I have two ports on the front of my case (USB 2/USB 3) and both are working fine. I just tested copying a large file and it is using USB 3 transfer speed for the USB 3 port. I hadn't tested this in a while and wanted to be sure. If the USB 3 port doesn't work at all, I would double check the connections inside of your case to make sure the FP USB wires are plugged into the proper ports on the MB.

Thanks for the reply. It turned out to be a bad Front Panel port. I have a ThermalTake case ,and I had requested a replacement part the other day. They shipped it out immediately. I just received and swapped it out, and the port works now.

Thank you VERY much @mots your guide is perfect!!

My HW is similar to yours and works like a charm now.
ga-h110m-h (bios F2)
Core i3-6100
8 GB ddr3 hyperx
And a very old notebook 160gb HD LOL, will be replaced with a SSD sooner.

I´m having just AN issue with y hack, the sound volume is a bit low. There is a way to correct it?
The chipset is Realtek ALC887 and the drivers are the ones from https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC .

1. Software Solution
There is a way to boost your hackintosh volume a little bit further than allowed to. The room to expand the system volume is tiny, before you can hear clipping noises. You can increase the volume by using a systemwide equalizer …

eqMac - http://www.bitgapp.com/eqmac/ (works also on Sierra) - free
Boom 2 - http://www.globaldelight.com/boom/index.php?lang=en - 13€

2. Hardware Solution
External headphone amplifier or soundcard (begins at 25€!?)

Last edited:
The room to expand the system volume is tiny, before you can hear clipping noises. You can increase the volume by using a systemwide equalizer …

The sound is really low, with my macbook the volume with the same headphones was around 2 to 3 "squares" with my hack it´s almost full.
I will try to post in toleda thread my setup and hope he have some kind of solution.

Now i just discover another issue.
When i plug my iphone to the USB, the Ethernet dies. I notice that the rtl8111 is connect to the USB, too.

Freaking bugs!! LOL

Is anyone else having sound issues with this motherboard? It's very intermittent and seems to be related to playing sound through Safari...but every so often, the sound will just go off. No errors and all devices seem to be working as far as the OS is concerned...but there's just no sound. Sometimes, I can get sound to come back by closing Safari. Sometimes that doesn't work and I can get sound back by plugging headphones into the headphone jack. Worst case scenario...reboot.

Happens on two systems I have with the exact same components (except for video card).

Now i just discover another issue.
When i plug my iphone to the USB, the Ethernet dies. I notice that the rtl8111 is connect to the USB, too.

Freaking bugs!! LOL

That is odd, wonder if it is trying to bridge a network connection or something? I never have issues with my Ethernet and I use lots of USB devices. However, I have an iPad, not an iPhone. I use the RealtekRTL8111.kext (build date March 24, 2016) installed in my EFI Clover folder (\kexts\10.12). Also could be something with your HW or configuration since it is slightly different than my build. Is your problem with USB2, USB3, or both?

Is anyone else having sound issues with this motherboard? It's very intermittent and seems to be related to playing sound through Safari...but every so often, the sound will just go off. No errors and all devices seem to be working as far as the OS is concerned...but there's just no sound. Sometimes, I can get sound to come back by closing Safari. Sometimes that doesn't work and I can get sound back by plugging headphones into the headphone jack. Worst case scenario...reboot.

Happens on two systems I have with the exact same components (except for video card).

Does it seem to happen after sleep and do you have darkwake=10 under Clover boot options? I use Chrome as my primary browser, so perhaps there is some issue I haven't noticed with Safari. Early on after my initial install, when I was on El Capitan, I experienced a similar issue where I would lose sound when playing youtube videos in Chrome. I thought it was sleep/wake related. I haven't noticed any issues in the past months though on Sierra (darkwake=10, Power Nap Off).

Does it seem to happen after sleep and do you have darkwake=10 under Clover boot options? I use Chrome as my primary browser, so perhaps there is some issue I haven't noticed with Safari. Early on after my initial install, when I was on El Capitan, I experienced a similar issue where I would lose sound when playing youtube videos in Chrome. I thought it was sleep/wake related. I haven't noticed any issues in the past months though on Sierra (darkwake=10, Power Nap Off).

I don't believe it happens after sleep. My daughter has the other, identical, system...and she mostly listens to music/videos on YT and will often complain that it cuts out between videos. I do have darkwake=10 and also FixHDA_8000 in clover.

I don't see the Power Nap Off option anywhere, though. Could it somehow be video card related? Both systems are using Nvidia cards and not the onboard Intel HD.

She says she experiences the issue daily. I could install Chrome on her Mac and see how that works. At least something to help isolate the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back