Contribute
Register

“HackinMouse” Skylake H110 Econo Rig | i5-6500 | GA-H110M-A | 16GB | RX560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wake/Sleep is functioning correctly (with F4, only the second attempt put my Hackintosh to sleep)

Hi, thanks for sharing. Just curious, for Wake/Sleep are you able to enable Power Nap under Energy Saver? I have it turned off since leaving it enabled in Sierra causes problems (wake issues, need to recover from hibernation in Clover etc.). I have only tried in Sierra 10.12.1 through 10.12.3, but never in 10.12.0. From what I have read, many others also had issues with Power Nap in Sierra, so I was wondering if this was true for your system as well with the native GT710 card.

On my system, the Power Nap feature is hidden in the System Preferences Pane under energy saver. The System is running under SMBIOS 14.2 iMac and the darkwake boot flag is set to 10.
Which means I need to deactivate the darkwake boot flag to see the option under Engery Saver?

On my system, the Power Nap feature is hidden in the System Preferences Pane under energy saver. The System is running under SMBIOS 14.2 iMac and the darkwake boot flag is set to 10.
Which means I need to deactivate the darkwake boot flag to see the option under Engery Saver?

HaHaHa, I kind of wish the Power Nap would not be shown on my system since it doesn't work! I'm running 14,2 as well, but I am using darkwake=8. I would be surprised if the Power Nap option goes away if I switch to darkwake=10. I'll take a stab at switching over to to 10 to see if I notice anything that is different.

P.S. I've read about real Macs not having the Power Nap option showing in Energy Save settings until they receive a firmware update, but not sure how that would apply here. However it is interesting that MacOS\kernel must be looking at something low level to tell whether or not that option should be made available. If anyone has insight on this, it would be great to understand the mechanism at play here.

Hi Mot I have a similar built as yours.

MB: gigabyte h110-s2h
Processor: intel i3 6100
I'm using the on board video card for now.
HardDrive- 1tb
Power supply- Evga 500 bronze.
---------
When trying to install hackintosh on my pc I'm getting the circle with a slash.(as seen in attached picture) What am I doing wrong? How can I fix it. Please help!

Attachments

• IMG_4356.JPG
    IMG_4356.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_4357.JPG
    IMG_4357.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 119
HaHaHa, I kind of wish the Power Nap would not be shown on my system since it doesn't work! I'm running 14,2 as well, but I am using darkwake=8. I would be surprised if the Power Nap option goes away if I switch to darkwake=10. I'll take a stab at switching over to to 10 to see if I notice anything that is different.

P.S. I've read about real Macs not having the Power Nap option showing in Energy Save settings until they receive a firmware update, but not sure how that would apply here. However it is interesting that MacOS\kernel must be looking at something low level to tell whether or not that option should be made available. If anyone has insight on this, it would be great to understand the mechanism at play here.

I've definitely seen the "Power Nap" option in the preferences pane, but after setting up my hackintosh, the option is gone. Maybe it is the graphics card, which deactivates the power nap option. :)

When trying to install hackintosh on my pc I'm getting the circle with a slash.(as seen in attached picture) What am I doing wrong? How can I fix it. Please help!

Since your hardware differs from my build, I suggest you start a thread under Sierra Desktop Support here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/sierra-desktop-support.186/

In addition to the other suggestions given, I would make sure you don't have any exotic hardware plugged in during the install. Follow the Sierra install guide to a "T" and get all the basics working before you try to add other hardware into the mix. It looks like you have some sort of USB game controller attached and the Voodoo PS/2 Controller is already installed. This means you may be post installation unless you placed the kext onto your EFI partition. When you start your thread, make sure you give as many details about the system as possible and explain what you have done so far.

I've definitely seen the "Power Nap" option in the preferences pane, but after setting up my hackintosh, the option is gone. Maybe it is the graphics card, which deactivates the power nap option. :)

I've been running my system booted with darkwake=10 since I posted yesterday and things appear to be the same as when using darkwake=8. Sleep/Wake works and the Enable Power Nap option is still available. Perhaps it could be something with our F20 BIOS PM settings. I left mine as the defaults unless otherwise noted in the OP. It would seem odd for a natively supported graphics card to limit Apple's power management options, but it does remain a candidate since this is one obvious difference between your system and mine. I think this one is likely to remain a mystery unless someone with more knowledge than I can chime in, or perhaps we will stumble across something eventually! Cheers.

Need some help...I have the GA-H110M-A motherboard mentioned in this thread. Had everything working fine with 10.12.0, including iMessage. I recently updated my BIOS from F5 to F20 and also updated to 10.12.3 (which went through without any issues).

Since then, my iMessage is no longer working. When I try to log in it just tells me there are Network Issues. Had this happen on another identical system as well that I upgraded at the same time.

Anyone experience this?

TIA

Does anyone have any issues with Front Panel USB 3.0 on this motherboard using Sierra? The FP USB 2 works and all the USB (1/2/3) ports work in the back. Just not the FP USB 3.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back