Contribute
Register

“HackinMouse” Skylake H110 Econo Rig | i5-6500 | GA-H110M-A | 16GB | RX560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir
Hi, mots,

I have also almost same build since July 2016 as my dual boot Mac OS and windows system. I am using i3 6100, Gigabyte H110M-S2 mobo, 8GB Kingston Hyperx ddr4 RAM, Samsung 750 EVO 250GB SSD, 2*1=2TB Seagate HDD for all storage, Nvidia GTX 960 2GB GPU, LG 22mp68vp IPS FHD 22 inch monitor. All functions of Mac OS are working just fine and performing really well. Right now, I have updated with 10.12.4, and everything is working fine except Spotlight which is not showing proper search results; it was working properly in previous version. You are the first person I have found online with almost the same spec like my hackintosh which is a budget build. In the future I will upgrade my CPU to a i5-6500, and I will add another 8GB RAM stick on it. If you have any suggestions for me or anyone need help, then please feel free to ping me or reply.

Thanks,
Rajib
sir... Can you please guide me to install OSX in GA H110M S2..

Also which bios version is working..?

Sir

sir... Can you please guide me to install OSX in GA H110M S2..

Also which bios version is working..?

The base install is the same process for these very similar motherboards. For a new Sierra install, see here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

I am using BIOS F20 for the motherboard referenced in the first post (GA-H110M-A). I would use the same for the GA-H110M-S2. I have not yet tried F22A, so not sure if it causes issues or not.

See posts #50 and #66 for things I did when upgrading to Sierra and BIOS F20.

For audio, the GA-H110M-S2 uses the same ALC887 codec as the GA-H110M-A. Just use the latest Sierra MultiBeast to install the non-legacy ALC887 drivers after the system is booting off the internal drive.

I have same config (same motherboard and Processor). I tired to install El Capitan through UniBeast method but it did not boot. It was showing in verbose mode "your PC is not Mac capable."
But, when i tired to install Mac Sierra through UniBeast, installation started but it stuck in 15 min remaining. Please guide me :(
Plz see the attachment

Attachments

• IMG_20170719_151226.jpg
    IMG_20170719_151226.jpg
    540.9 KB · Views: 105
I have same config (same motherboard and Processor). I tired to install El Capitan through UniBeast method but it did not boot. It was showing in verbose mode "your PC is not Mac capable."
But, when i tired to install Mac Sierra through UniBeast, installation started but it stuck in 15 min remaining. Please guide me :(
Plz see the attachment

Hi, my best guess is that you are missing some small detail somewhere in the process (BIOS setting perhaps?). I would reread the first post and then also the Unibeast Sierra guide closely and make sure you are not missing any details. For this MB and processor, I suggest BIOS F20 and reading the info I gave in posts #50 and #66 for things I did when upgrading to Sierra.

Next, I would unplug any USB devices, internal cards (video cards etc), and internal drives that are not necessary for the base install. Once the base install is complete, then you can add these non-essential devices back into the mix one at a time.

Finally, if you have more than 1 RAM module installed, there are some posts about this back a few pages where this can be an issue. I would run the install with 1 module and then come back to this later if you really need to have more than one module of RAM.

Hope this helps!

Hi, my best guess is that you are missing some small detail somewhere in the process (BIOS setting perhaps?). I would reread the first post and then also the Unibeast Sierra guide closely and make sure you are not missing any details. For this MB and processor, I suggest BIOS F20 and reading the info I gave in posts #50 and #66 for things I did when upgrading to Sierra.

Next, I would unplug any USB devices, internal cards (video cards etc), and internal drives that are not necessary for the base install. Once the base install is complete, then you can add these non-essential devices back into the mix one at a time.

Finally, if you have more than 1 RAM module installed, there are some posts about this back a few pages where this can be an issue. I would run the install with 1 module and then come back to this later if you really need to have more than one module of RAM.

Hope this helps!

can you send me you EFI folder of your bootable mac OS installation drive???

can you send me you EFI folder of your bootable mac OS installation drive???

I'd rather not, it contains sensitive info that I would prefer not to share. You should not need anything special in order to get the base system installed and running. I see you have been creating posts in several other threads trying to get this to work. My advice remains as above. Slow down, follow the main Sierra install guide carefully, heed my advice above, and make sure you understand each step before proceeding on to the next step.

I'd rather not, it contains sensitive info that I would prefer not to share. You should not need anything special in order to get the base system installed and running. I see you have been creating posts in several other threads trying to get this to work. My advice remains as above. Slow down, follow the main Sierra install guide carefully, heed my advice above, and make sure you understand each step before proceeding on to the next step.

i tired with unibeast method as per the main sierra guide.. installation starts everytime but installation failed at 15 min remaining always and my bios version is F22a. many options are not present there..what should i do??

i tired with unibeast method as per the main sierra guide.. installation starts everytime but installation failed at 15 min remaining always and my bios version is F22a. many options are not present there..what should i do??

I've never tried with F22a, only F5 and F20, so it is hard to say whether that is playing a role or not. Unless I have an issue with F20, I don't plan on upgrading. I did find a way to downgrade the BIOS from F20 to F5 when I was playing around, you will find the method I used within the comments a few pages back.

@manishdsoulmate
Could you tell us, which setting is missing in the new Bios version F22a?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back