Contribute
Register

“HackinMouse” Skylake H110 Econo Rig | i5-6500 | GA-H110M-A | 16GB | RX560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to 10.15.6 (19G2021), i.e. macOS 10.15.6 Supplemental Update
Easy update. No issues thus far. 10.15.5 was very stable, so I am hoping the same for this update.

Ref:

Hey, @mots, you mention there is an issue with build up boot option or extra boot option.

Do you mean that BIOS option is duplicating every time you boot into hackintosh?
I ask because I'm having this problem as well, and I'm running with a F2 BIOS version which is very old.

I see that you are no longer updating your BIOS sticking with f20, any reason why?

Hey, @mots, you mention there is an issue with build up boot option or extra boot option.

Do you mean that BIOS option is duplicating every time you boot into hackintosh?
I ask because I'm having this problem as well, and I'm running with a F2 BIOS version which is very old.

I see that you are no longer updating your BIOS sticking with f20, any reason why?
Yep, that was the bug in the old F2 Gigabyte BIOS. BIOS post time slows as the entries build, and then the machien won't boot after it reaches the max number of BIOS boot entries.

I've stayed with BIOS F20 since it has been stable. If it ain't broke, don't fix it LOL.

Yep, that was the bug in the old F2 Gigabyte BIOS. BIOS post time slows as the entries build, and then the machien won't boot after it reaches the max number of BIOS boot entries.

I've stayed with BIOS F20 since it has been stable. If it ain't broke, don't fix it LOL.
LOL thank! i updated to F21 and it is fixed!

Updated to MacOS 10.15.7 (19H2)
Easy update. No issues thus far. Now using a Dell 1440p monitor @144Hz. Still very happy with this little system!
  • Updated from 10.15.6 Supplemental Update (see this post where that was done).
  • Kept same Clover 5107 as before.
  • Kext's updated at /EFI/Clover/kexts/other/
    • AppleALC v1.5.2
    • Lilu v1.4.8
    • WhateverGreen v1.4.3
    • FakeSMC and RealtekRTL8111 are also still in place and left at the same versions.
  • Installed the update from System Preferences/Software Update.
  • On reboot, select the "Installer" partition instead of the normal boot partition in Clover. I only had to do this one time for this update. On the 2nd reboot, I was back in MacOS.
Ref:

Updated to MacOS 10.15.7 Supplemental Update, aka 10.15.7 (19H114)
Another easy update for Catalina. System couldn't be more stable, so I still have no plans to update this machine to Big Sur. As far as I can tell, there would not be any advantage and stability would almost likely be worse.
  • Only updated the OS, Clover and all kext versions stayed the same as in my last post on 10.15.7 update.
  • Installed the update from System Preferences/Software Update.
    • Note: ignore the Big Sur update shown at the top. Take the option to only install the Catalina 10.15.7 Supplemental Update and Safari updates for Catalina.
  • On reboot, select the "Installer" partition instead of the normal boot partition in Clover. I only had to do this one time for this update. On the 2nd reboot, I was back in MacOS.
Ref:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back