Contribute
Register

“HackinMouse” Skylake H110 Econo Rig | i5-6500 | GA-H110M-A | 16GB | RX560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm thinking of buy components to make my first custom mac. I changed it a little bit, so I want know if this configuration would work fine:
- Core i5-6400
- GA H110M-H
- EVGA GTX 950 LP 2GB SC 02G-P4-0956-KR
- Ballistix Sport Lt 8gb Ddr4 2400mhz
- SSD 120gb SanDisk G26 Plus
- EVGA 430w Power Supply
- Thermaltake Suppressor F1

Any suggestions or things that probably won't work well?

Sorry for any noob questions, I'm new at it :)

The motherboard does not fit into the mini-itx case. If you want to use the gigabyte H110M motherboard, you need to pick a microATX case (mATX).

Oh, ok, thanks.

The case could be anyone for me. Can you suggest one?

The other things are all right?

Last edited:
Just want to confirm that the single stick of memory has this bad boy running rock solid now! Sorta sucks as I wanted to get 32GB of ram, but at this point, i'll settle for 8.

Thanks for the help, folks.

Sure things, thanks for the update! I figured that might be the problem when you described the symptoms. It's too bad that we are limited for now, but for a econo build, the 16GB is more than enough for what I do with this machine. The dual channel doesn't improve performance that much, so it really isn't a big deal.

Interesting and kinda sad that we can only use one ram slot.

Just to eliminate the common solution to buy a new motherboard or RAM stick.
1. Is the Hackintosh booting into macOS with the single healthy RAM Stick in slot 1 and slot 2?
2. What is the brand/name of your RAM sticks?
3. How many slots are recognized by the macOS System when running in dual channel mode?
4. What BIOS version is installed on your Gigabyte motherboard?

What I've found so far …
http://pcweenies.com/2015/09/12/hackintosh-freezes-and-a-possible-solution/ (set the voltage a little bit higher)
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309226-os-x-is-only-recognizing-half-of-my-ram/ (set the correct number of RAM slots )

Hi, I did a bunch of research/trial and error, but wasn't able to get it work. I don't remember everything besides what I posted above, but I will give a little more detail. I tried with BIOS F20 and F5. I also tried playing with the voltage and some other RAM BIOS settings to no avail. This is what prompted me to want to move to F20 to see if it was fixed. I was using the RAM in the first post (bought a 2nd module, so 2 x 8GB) and I was able to boot and run fine with just one of the modules installed at a time. I tried running on only the newly bought module by itself and it worked fine. System was stable. Thought for sure that I had a bad module. I don't recall trying both slots when running with just a single module. When I would put both modules in, even tried swapping slots, it would boot up fine (seemingly) and then it would start crashing like mrjsykes reported. When you don't manipulate Clover RAM config, MacOS always incorrectly shows 4 slots no matter what. After I corrected in Clover by defining the two slots in dual channel mode, it showed the two slots, but still wouldn't work (wasn't stable). Currently, it shows 4 slots in single channel mode without any Clover config changes.

Let me know if you (or anyone else) has any ideas? I found a post where someone bought another brand of RAM, but I didn't feel like spending any more time and $ on this issue since it is working great with the single 16GB module.

Does this have any sort of wifi support?

Does this have any sort of wifi support?
You need extra hardware for Wifi-Support. The guide from the first post doesn't include a wireless module.

So, you need to investigate a little further for wifi support. What I've read so far, you have more than one option to enable WIFI on hackintoshes (USB or PCI-Express).

You need extra hardware for Wifi-Support. The guide from the first post doesn't include a wireless module.

So, you need to investigate a little further for wifi support. What I've read so far, you have more than one option to enable WIFI on hackintoshes (USB or PCI-Express).

Yep it seems the a USB dongle is the cheapest way to go.

After a few hours work... I'm up and running on Sierra with fully working audio!

My system specs say I am running Intel HD Graphics 7000, even though I installed the HD 530 drivers with Multibeast. Everything seems to work okay... do I need to worry about this?

View attachment 246836

How did you get your audio to work?

How did you get your audio to work?
Hi, hope you all good, if you don't mind, can you explain how you got your sound working? I've tried everything on this thread but no joy. my specs are H100M-S2H.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back